• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Mary---that was too funny!!

• Gayle
    Gayle

Thank you, Mary. So true, so true.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Mary that was great. I especially enjoyed your rendition of them changing the use of loose conduct to brazen conduct to allow for df anyone for anything at anytime.

• yknot
    yknot

Oh Mary that was tooo funny...... my sides hurt from lauging so hard!!!!!!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    "Brazen conduct" will be alongside, or even replace, the term "loose conduct" as it "more accurately reflects the original Greek word translated 'loose conduct' in the New World translation"

Galations 5.19 NWT "Loose conduct" translates the Greek "aselgeia" according to the Blue Letter Bible site. Vines comments on the word as follows :

Filthiness, Filthy (To Make):

"wantonness, licentiousness, lasciviousness," is translated "filthy (conversation)," in 2Pe 2:7, AV; RV, "lascivious (life)."
    See
    LASCIVIOUSNESS, WANTONNESS.

Notes:

(1) Broadly speaking, aischrotes signifies "whatever is disgraceful;" rhuparia, "that which is characterized by moral impurity;" molusmos, "that which is defiling by soiling the clean;" aselgeia, "that which is an insolent disregard of decency."

(2) In Col 3:8 aischrologia, which denotes any kind of "base utterance," the utterance of an uncontrolled tongue, is rendered "filthy communication" in the AV; but this is only part of what is included in the more comprehensive RV rendering, "shameful speaking." In the papyri writings the word is used of "abuse." In general it seems to have been associated more frequently with "foul" or "filthy," rather than abusive, "speaking" (Moulton and Milligan).

There is more , too, if you want to study the Greek commentaries

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G766&t=KJV

BUT I HAVE NOT SEEN THE WORD BRAZEN AMONG IT !

• ziddina
    ziddina

AOUW, Mary!!!

rofl in animated letters

I WUV YOU!!! (In a purely platonic way, of course... )

Zid littlesatan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit