English Bulldog or French Bulldog?

by XJW4EVR 4 Replies latest social physical

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Anyone here one on or the other? Any advice?

• asilentone
    asilentone

They are very expensive, don't you know that?

• elderelite
    elderelite

PM me... I can give you some info...

• tec
    tec

Not sure about a french bulldog... but I think an english one requires a lot of grooming around the folds of his face, has breathing problems because of the squashed muzzle, farts a lot because of those breathing problems, and is a stubborn I'll-do-what-I-want kind of dog (sort of like a cat, but a dog).

Tammy

• manicmama
    manicmama

XJW,

An english definately! I have always wanted one but they are so expensive! I knew a lady who bred championship english bulldogs and when she had a new litter I would go and check them out. They were so adorable! Her recommendations were to buy from a reliable breeder and to get a health guarantee from the vet. She also said that while they do snort and fart, the farting can be helped by the correct diet and the same with the cleaning of the folds in the skin. Any dog has requirements from the owner and the love and affection they give in return far outweigh the things we have to do for them. Consult some sites on google as their are several professional breeders online that will be honest and give great detail as to the upkeep of the breed. Good luck and sent pics! MM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit