Local Congregation Greed

by pr0ner 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• pr0ner
    pr0ner

My Dad told me a few weeks ago about a interesting situation in his Hall. Ends up an older women died and had given her home to the Kingdom Hall. Well they decided to sell her home. The first ones who wanted to buy was this women's relatives. They were willing to give the hall 80,000 (or somewhere around that figure). The brothers got together and figured they could sell it for more. Now this house is in a rural area and is dilapidated according to my Dad. He was a little annoyed that they would be that greedy...or well that stupid. They think they can get over 150,000 for it. Which it wouldn't worth that completely renovated. Right now some brothers are living in it.

Now I know this is par for the course, but how could you refuse the family who wants to buy it? Damn, just that greedy.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

sorry.

this woman should have left her relatives in the will, instead of giving it to the "lie"

• Open mind
    Open mind

What do you think it's true market value in today's economy is? More importantly, what does a qualified appraiser say? For example if the market value is $100,000, then that's what the family should pay if they really want it. This is all assuming there's no evidence of financial foul play which is the subject of another recent thread.

If a person wants to leave their house to the JWs, Scientology or The Moonies, that's their legal right provided they're legally competent to make that decision and aren't acting under coersion. If the local JWs are trying to get fair market value for the house, that's not greed, IMO. If they're trying to get more than fair market value, well then they get the twofer of: greedy and dumb.

om

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

personally speaking:

if I had a house that was worth $100k, and a relative offered me $88k I would sell the house in a heartbeat.

as a seller, I would save real estate fees, and any more city taxes by waiting more months for the sale to go through

• dissed
    dissed

We had a JW years ago (1974) leave her home to the WTS. The Elders were instructed to sell it and send the money to the WTS.

One of the Elders bought the house at half the market value. No one in the congregation knew of the transaction, in fact none knew she donated it to the WTS.

I only found about the sale because one Elder felt slighted that he didn't have the oportunity to purchase it for his home rental business.

Would that transaction qualify for the greedy label?

First, taking away potential lost money to the WTS, then selfishly doing a secret deal for the benefit of one?

These people are REALLY duped in leaving their belongings to the real greedy one, the WTS. Its not eneough the WTS rapes them while living, but then robs them after they die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit