LATEST NEWS: CANDANCE CONTI VERIDICT READY - WT LOST!!!!!!!

by Viva la Vida 105 Replies latest jw friends

• mana11
    mana11

I think they will appeal

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Twelve reasons to go out, including it is commanded...

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/202012205?q=reasons+for+preaching&p=par

What happens if you do not preach? It has organisational implications. You become "inactive". You are no longer "approved". You no longer qualify for "privileges of service".

Check out the Index on "Meeting for Field Service"

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1200273747

Not much of this is available on-line but I bet the list itself shows that there are activities for preaching arranged by the congregation. Indeed there is a "Service Overseer". Tools (publications, carts etc.) are provided. Territories are assigned. Records of activity are kept and used to gauge spirituality.

According to the Shepherd book....

- the responsibility of of the Group Overseer is to take an "active interest in the spirituality of each person in the field service group", "concentrating on those who are weak, irregular in...field activty, ... or inactive", "assists each one in the group to have a regular, meaningful and joyful share in the ministry". p23-24

- signs of spiritual weakness includes neglecting "regular participation in field service (Acts 20:18-21)". p48

- the Service Overseer "motivates others to have a full share", p20

- he also has to arrange the meetings for field service and make sure there is plenty of literature and campaigns are resourced properly. p20-21

- the Congregation Service Committee "assigns publishers to field service groups after consulting with group overseers involved". p22

- a longtime inactive one is "invited to share again in the ministry" only after two elders have determined if he "meets the basic requirements to serve as a publisher", as outlined on pages 79-81 of the Organised book and km 11/00 QB. p52

If you look at the articles associated with all congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses in the UK as charities you will see there is a statement about organising preaching activity.

OK, no one is disfellowshipped for not going on the ministry but we all know that

- it's highly organised

- there is constant pushing to do as much as possible from the platform under the guise of it's a command from God and is reflection of our love for him

- social pressure to conform and do as much as possible

- social exclusion if you are perceived as weak through not doing field service

- loss of status and privileges if field service activity is low

- they might term it personal but that's not the same as independent

• Splash
    Splash

Yes. The WT vet you, train you, organise you and equip you, then you must report back to them your activity and results. If you fail to meet their monthly requirements they interview you and may even sanction you.

But it is done entirely voluntarily.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

They want to have it both ways.They want to micromanage the JW's lives yet do not want to suffer any of the consequences.

Bangalore

• floriferous
    floriferous

Many a time I heard elders & CO's say from the platform.............

Brothers & Sisters........

If you are a congregation publisher can you explain to Jehovah why you are not an auxiliary pioneer?

If you are an auxiliary pioneer can you justify to Jehovah why you are not a full time pioneer?

Are you giving Jehovah (Watchtower) your all brothers?

Are you holding back from serving Jehovah (Watchtower) whole souled?

Remember brothers & sisters Jehovah knows the inclination of your hearts (Threat: God will harm you if you don't do as we say)

• Viva la Vida
    Viva la Vida

As I said I'm not an expert, but for what I saw in the opinion they revert on punitive damages because these were awarded by the wrong reasons. However, the court that initially awarded them has to rule on new punitive damages but for the reasons detailed in the appeal court's opinion. Is my understanding correct?

Also, I think the initial amount must be higher due to interest. Do you know how much is that? Intrests for 2.8M x 2.5 years

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Brothers & Sisters........

If you are a congregation publisher can you explain to Jehovah why you are not an auxiliary pioneer?

If you are an auxiliary pioneer can you justify to Jehovah why you are not a full time pioneer?

Are you giving Jehovah (Watchtower) your all brothers?

Are you holding back from serving Jehovah (Watchtower) whole souled?

Yes nothing was ever good enough or this cult. You did 10 hours then you can do 20 hours. If you did 20 hours then you can do 30 hours etc. They always put you down it took me years to build up my self esteem after I left that cult.

• Ding
    Ding

Punitive damages are thrown out.

No new trial on that issue.

Candace can try to get the California Supreme Court to take the case.

I doubt that she will, but if the WT appeals and the Cal. S. Ct. takes the case, I expect her lawyer will then also appeal and try to get punitive damages reinstated.

• Ding
    Ding

Sadly, if the WT tells JWs anything about cases like this, they will probably call it persecution by the evil world court system... further proof that the WT is the truth and Armageddon is just around the corner.

Even so, this might give JWs pause about donating money to the organization, knowing where it's ending up.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Err... dislike on my post?

I don't object to anyone's opinion but I posted straight out of WT publications. I'll happily discuss the disconnect between what the WTS says to it's publishers (the clue is in the name) and elders compared to how it presented the ministry to the courts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit