what`s the most embarrassing thing that happend to you as a jw?

by Adrianoblue 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Adrianoblue
    Adrianoblue

once two brothers convinced me to pop up at a wedding, just to gratulate them. i bumbed into the 2 brother just by coincidence on the street. i was wearing a leather biker jacket and tracksuit pants. i was so damned stupid enough to go with them. all the party guests were wearing appropriate clothing, and i was feeling like a bleeding dickhead with my outfit.

obviously i´ve expierience many more embarrassing moments during my jw-time. do you have nice stories to tell?

adrianoblue

• seenitall
    seenitall

Gave a meeting part on the service meeting when I was drunk - slurred words, had a hard time finding scriptures. One brother afterwards asked me if I was feeling alright, another said I did a good job, nice deliberate paced talk. my wife wanted to kill me after the meeting! The part was "Why report what is bad!" Have to love it!

• asilentone
    asilentone

(bookmarking)

• wozza
    wozza

1 :Had the book study in my home ,was asked to open the meeting in prayer , stood up did prayer , opened my eyes to see my bright red underware through my fully open fly for all to see - and they did!

2 : At another book study ,gave prayer ,sat down, farted and then proceeded to blow snot out my nose when I tried to restrain my laughter _ I'm still dying over that one !

3; Again at a book study ,this time reading the Live forever book , at the the part where it said that Jehovah has no "head" ,I just burst out laughing and could'nt stop - had to leave the room for the rest of the meeting!

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

When I was a toddler, I went up on stage when my mother was giving a talk and tried to make her "shut up".

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I always felt like a complete dork whenever I had to give the prayer.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

They used to have a 10 minute intermission between Public talk and the Watchtower Study. After the talk was given one Sunday the brother got up on stage and thanked the speaker for his fine upbuilding Discoure and said " And now, we'll have a 10 minute Intercourse while the microphones are being set up" Instead of saying Intermission, he mixed the word Discourse and intermission mixed together and said Intercourse. He was so flustered, instead of using the steps to get down from the stage, he took one giant step right off the front of the stage at the higest point and did a running stumble down the asile. It was a riot !

• Open mind
    Open mind

The short version:

JW City Boy in a torn up police cruiser spends about 5 minutes destroying a property owner's mud/gravel driveway. Finally makes it into the front yard. Gets cussed out by the old man and told to get off his property and never come back.

Car won't start.

We end up pushing it out of the front yard and back down the hill.

The long version is here along with quite a few other funny/embarrassing Field Service stories.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/139069/1/Damaging-property-and-driveways-in-Field-Service-The-good-old-days

om

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Going door to door and having the hottest girl in my high school answer the door and look at me like I had three heads!! Oh the misery...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit