WTBS - The Ultimate MMRPG

by FreeAtLast1914 5 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

The lives of the typical JW include all the elements of a classic MMORPG, like World of Warcraft.

There is the constant grind (field service and endless meetings and assemblies, commenting, demonstrations), quests (aka "privileges" of carrying the mics or cleaning the bathroom or mowing the lawn, giving talks), leveling (improving your status from R&F to elite by becoming a MS, elder, pioneer, CO, DO), buffs (receiving the call of "anointing", your life experience making it into a yearbook), and finally the rewards (anywhere from pats on the back for a job well-done on a part to being voted onto the Governing Body as the elite).

And just like with any MMO, you never reach the end, you are always grinding away for what amounts to be empty rewards in a fantasy world...

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I love it!

I used to be a huge WoW freak when it came out and finally gave up on it about 2 years ago. The comparison is quite fitting. Each expansion to WoW is like the "new light" of the generation, it just extends the game play for a little more.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

Soldier, you and me both. In fact, the "new light" of the fast-approaching Cataclysm expansion is eating away me once again. Dammit.

• wasblind
    wasblind

"And just like with any MMO, you never reach the end, you are always grinding away for what amounts to be empty rewards in a fantasy world..."

That is so true, in the real world, you can set your own goals

and have the satisfaction of actually achieving them, making your own choices

and setting your own limits without the constant reminder of " are you doing enough for the organization"

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Approaching 140 years or so for the end time , it's near, nearer than you think, knock knock, hi! the end is near! Lets go to the meetings, preach door to door, the end is near, oh, did I tell you that the end is near, how near, soon, sooner than you think, lets go to meetings and door to door . Knock knock Hi! the end is near............................................over 140 years, millions of people, millions of literature, thousands, millions of meetings, Hi! the end is near,

NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!

Blueblades / Mall Cop

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

WasBlind, if I could count the times I've heard the sentiment "are you doing enough for the organization"... Or to put it more accurately, "why aren't you doing more for the organization?"... This message comes from a group of men who don't work, who don't live in the real world, and who are intent on maintaining their ivory tower.

MallCop, or as my dad puts it, "we already have one foot in the New World."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit