Bad time here

by Decided 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Decided
    Decided

My life is in a bad state right now. I'm in debt so far I will never get it paid off, can't even make the payments. My two step kids are living with me right now, both are going through a bad marriage. Two grand kids and a great grand kid with us. I have depression also. Don't know how it will end. Never had my life so unstable before, I just don't know how to get it back to what it was a few years ago.

Maybe some day I can get it back to normal.

Ken P.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Well, at least one of your two grand kids is great! It's tough all over. Hang in there!

• tec
    tec

Too much happening all at once. I was just in that position, and I was overwhelmed by it and also depressed. Hard to give advice without knowing all the details, but you would need to whittle down the list of difficulties - slowly, and one at a time, but surely. Once one is under control, you'll be able to work on another. Perhaps the stepkids living with you could be helping out in some way?

And just remember. You can only do what you can do. Stressing about the things you can't do... and looking too far into the future about debt... isn't going to help your state of mind.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. I'm sure someone else can be.

Tammy

• asilentone
    asilentone

Hey Ken! Try www.credability.org and it has helped me! Have you ever thought about reverse mortgage?

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Sorry Ken...just try to hang in there and take one day at a time. Don't overload yourself any more - things will turn around - ((((hugs))) sammieswife

• wasblind
    wasblind
    The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
    Enjoying one moment at a time;
    Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
    Taking, as He did, this sinful world
    as it is, not as I would have it;
    Trusting that He will make all things right
    if I surrender to His Will;
    That I may be reasonably happy in this life
    and supremely happy with Him
    Forever in the next.
    Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

• tec
    tec

I never heard the rest of that, Wasblind. Thank you.

• wasblind
    wasblind

your welcome tammy

• zoiks
    zoiks

Hi Ken,

I know some of what you're going through. It is tough for a lot of folks, but it doesn't diminish what each and every person is going through. One thing at a time, and don't get down on yourself for not being able to fix everything right now. One thing at a time.

Hang in there.

• nelly136
    nelly136

ken there comes a time when you have to help yourself before you can help others else theres nothing left to give,

its not fair youre under such pressure, maybe theres a way of persuading the kids theyd be better off pooling rescources and sharing a place together while theyre going through their 'tough patches' cos much as you can love kids having them move back in later in life can be pretty hard going on everyone concerned.

i think outlaw nailed the visitor thing a while back...theyre like fish and go off after 3 days.(even if you love them)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit