Great Watchtower quote

by 5thGeneration 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Just stumbled on this looking up medition because of another post.

You just gotta laugh and cry at the same time.

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20020401/article_01.htm

Should Faith Be Based on Reason?

"There are too many 'religious' people who become religious precisely to avoid having to think," writes the dean of a theological seminary in the United States. "They simply want to accept everything 'on faith,'" he adds.
  • 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

BTTT

Come on people. This is a great quote.

No one sees the irony?

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I love it !!

elder-schmelder

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

Oh thats too funny!

The public side of the watchtower org wants you to think and question other religions

The private side of the watchtower says, don't question or think about anything we tell you.

• cult classic
    cult classic

5thgen - good find Yep, WT is all about not thinking, not questioning, and "having faith".

These quotes go to show how suckered we were while in. The doublespeak is so obvious now that we're out.

• Hadit
    Hadit

Great quote! Of course that has no bearing on our faith toward the governing body self-professing to be God's channel on earth!

We can think within the defined parameters of the GB but NO independent thinking allowed!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Ooo! Find more!! Find more quotes!!!

Thanks for posting this one!

Zid

• peacedog
    peacedog

I view it as a misdirection strategy. By "exposing" and accusing others, the implication is that they couldn't be guilty of the same thing.

Remember the Awake! article on propaganda a few years ago?

• ziddina
    ziddina

Good point, PeaceDog...

And there's the very recent article [July 2009] in the "Awake!" magazine, titled "Is it Wrong to Change Your Religion???"

THAT was a DOOZY!!!

Zid

• Quandry
    Quandry

Yes, 5th, I see the irony.

And your picture accurately represents the appropriate look to accompany their statements!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit