From "Reform or dissolve Watchtower and questions?" post I learnt that most in JWN overwhelmingly disfavor reformation.
Okay, let's talk something we could agree on.
We are against the system. We cannot easily defeat WT. But it is possible, because it has been responding to your movements. It jerked to your pinch in the past years.
There is a phrase I may reveal later which WT would fear to face.
It has been trying to counteract your movements with fresh teachings. False prophecies have been changed and there is no more fixed end date, just saying Armageddon is around the corner.
They are trying to keep their members busy in God's work and persuading (more like pressuring) them to vounteer their huge amounts of time, money and resources to kingdom preaching work.
Most families who could afford college are definitely pressured to have their young adults to preach and take the least the world and life has to offer.
In this protracted spiritual warfare, many young JW families and youths are adversely affected.
Simple cause and effect analysis by categorization of WT systemic issue:
- scriptural authority and deeper interpretation has been unreasonable & unreal; it lacks real sense.
- ineptness to handle the situation due to alpha elders/pioneers effect ... elder victims are too meek to have the right convictions.
- allowing meddlers who abuse and/or misuse their authority and privilege, and not calling them into account for ethics violations.
- mind control techniques systematically used hiding behind scriptural principles.
- allowing bad gossiping even during field service or meeting.
- whistle-blowers and complainers are hushed and/or treated badly.
End effect ... casualty:
- victims deserving justice under civil statutes and matters of life & death vs. scriptural interpretation
- divided and/or broken family/marriage
- mentally ill or disturbed members
- members inadvertently induced to immorality, crime, rebellion and self-destruction to escape the over righteous/immaculate environment
- economically, intelectually, materially, culturally, emotionally deprived members
Therefore, summarizing what I learnt so far, here's the strategy:
1. Identify the problems, categorize and determine any pattern. Is WT really the root cause? Was WT a major factor? (of course, assuming you're not so stupid :)
2. Share experience effectively and be resource or witness. Truth is powerful. Educate so others may learn and understand the victims and avoid being victimized.
3. Improve, do better, be better. Network effectively, use social networking like MySpace and/or Facebook to share your experiences and warnings about WT. JW zealots are using these.
One member suggested that we unite to form association(s) to shelter, to help each other and victims of WT.
We should also beacon those who are still attached to WT, but keep their choices open for various reasons.
You are probably already doing the things mentioned above. However be aware of new things also mentioned.
We need cohesion (not necessarily teamwork), and conservation of efforts. This means using improved tools, technology and strategy.
What are your ideas/thoughts/suggestions for this topic???