JWs and Friends on AOL

by JerkhovahsWitless 4 Replies latest jw friends

• JerkhovahsWitless
    JerkhovahsWitless

Who here used to chat in the room "JWs and Friends" on AOL between 1995 - 2002?

I was a WT worshipper at the time and remember those evil apostates with no lives always hanging out in the room persecuting us poor JWs.

Some of the apostates I remember (Won't give the full SN or correct spelling, even if I could remember, lol) are DocBob, LifeV*lue, Cygnus (or something like that). The people in there were my first exposure to any kind of "apostate" material and I like to think that some of that stuck in my subconscious even after my baptism.

JWs I remember are Ragdoll, Catnip, Piano and JYsixtyJW.

I remember on AOL if users had the same named wav file, you could cause that sound to play on their system by typing "{s filename" into the chatroom. A few of the above JWs had a theme song we'd play when they'd enter the chatroom. One of the above JWs bestowed upon me my own wav file when I entered the room (still have the file saved on my PC). Oh, and then there was the "apostate alert" wav we'd play when an apostate was in the room, which consisted of an alarm sound with some JW saying "APOSTATE ALERT!" over it.

Are any of you guys/girls on this forum now?

If you're like me and don't want to give up your SN on here, you can PM me if you'd like. Maybe we used to both be crazy JWs and have chatted before on AOL, or you could be an evil apostate I quoted Matthew 7:6 to. ;)

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I'm friends with DocBob on Facebook. Do you want a friend recommendation? He'd probably get a kick out of knowing who you are now.

• JerkhovahsWitless
    JerkhovahsWitless

Really? lol, that's great. Yeah, please send a friend recommendation. Thanks Jamie :)

• Scully
    Scully

Oh boy. I remember that room.

I would visit there quietly and get booted out for no reason. I was accused of being an apostate for observing the conversation.

Is it really still running? I've been off AO-Hell for almost 10 years.

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

I went on there a LOT in 99ish. I was living in Ca at the time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit