Trying to help a friend

by leftbelow 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

I have a friend who needs help with a child custody case. I remember there was a booklet that many recommended that was produced by the WT. I have looked through the old threads but all of the downloads links are no longer active.

Her husband is keeping her from seeing her daughter and even though he hasn't been active for years he started going to meetings and immediately got coaching from the elders on how to cut off his wife from their child. She was a stay at home mom and he has cut off all her cards so she is feeling really isolated.

This is all I can share at this point. Any help would be appreciated.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

isn't kicking out a woman illegal?

• asilentone
    asilentone

She can contact Bill Bowen of Silent Lambs, he is also involved with child custody cases. She can also contact Richard Rawe, google up his name, jehovah, you will find his contact info. He has some experience in dealing with various Child Custody cases. Good Luck to her!

• Hadit
    Hadit

OMG how awful. Great suggestion above. Also try legal aid and/or a lawyer - sometimes the first hour is free. As well, she should start documenting EVERYTHING that has been and is going on.

All the best!

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Thanks for the help that is great info.

And yes she should be intitled to stay in her house I think she might just be scared of him a little.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

i was a child of a JW win just because my dad had JW lawyers and my mom didn't... shw need back up NOW!

• jamiebowers
  • leftbelow
    leftbelow

Thanks Jamie that is the site I sent to her.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Thanks Jamie that is the site I sent to her.

You're welcome. Tell her I said good luck!

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

isn't kicking out a woman illegal?

Possibly.

However, I'm absolutely certain that shooting one, cutting her up, stuffing her into plastic garbage bags and throwing her onto a land fill is highly illegal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit