Waco

by sammielee24 4 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Just watched the documentary on Waco - it was sickening.

There was no justification for the killing of those people, none. Parts of it again, included the investigative committee hearing afterward, and listening to the lies spewing out of the mouths of those in charge, reinforces my belief that freedom is an illusion and at any time, you could be one of them. Flying the flag for the ATF right after made a mockery of those innocent who died.

Another documentary that was on was about love, hate and propaganda and photo's that have just come out from WW2 and the bombing of Tokyo. They were disgusting.

Sometimes, I think humans are not the civilized species they like to think they are. sammieswife

• designs
    designs

The business of War.

Bombing Tokyo was a tackical move to show the Japanese the US forces could reach their cities, same with bombing German cities after the London air bombings.

As for Waco you have to wonder about the ATF at times, were the Branch Davidians a militant armed to the teeth ready to overthrow the government group. There are hundreds of such groups around, what was the real story of Waco. Was it used as a object lesson to other more militant groups to watch out this can happen to you sort of thing.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

The documentary that I watched on Waco, showed the satellite imagery that was also shown at the hearings. Near the end, you could see the building being fired on as it was being burned so that if anyone tried to get out of that area, full of women and kids, they would be shot. This is the first time that I also saw the photo's of the charred bodies and the remains of the 9 year old that died from cyanide poisoning from the gas. Her bones were all twisted backward and one can only imagine the suffering she had while dying. Also all the 911 calls and the dialogue between the parties where a mediator was requested by the inside before they were killed - like I said, hoisting the flag up the pole after the slaughter, was disgusting.

David Koresh on tape, still defending his country for it's freedom as he was under attack was pretty ironic.......and the lies by the FBI, the ATF, the government - all sickening in light of the evidence that was presented. The evidence presented was that they had 48 guns there and no grenades or anything else were found. It was an interesting documentary because clearly it entered the realm between what is religious freedoms and rights and what is societal.

I agree about Tokyo but what happens in all these wars should be shown so that we can see the destruction in victory. sammieswife

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

sammieswife -- I agree with you on the Waco incident. IMHO, a rookie cop from a small town could have handled the situation better, resulting in fewer or zero deaths.

--------------

Part I

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4298137966377572665#

Part II

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4298137966377572665#docid=-1755692679103175934

Mainstream media tended to discount the critical views presented in early documentary films, because they were seen as coming from the political fringes of the right and left. [citation needed] This changed in 1997, when professional film makers Dan Gifford and Amy Sommer produced their Emmy Award winning documentary, Waco: The Rules of Engagement. [69] This film presents a history of the Branch Davidian movement and, most importantly, a critical examination of the conduct of law enforcement, both leading up to the raid and through the aftermath of the fire. The film features footage of the Congressional hearings on Waco, and juxtaposition of official government spokespeople with footage and evidence often directly contradicting the government spokespeople. The documentary also shows infra-red footage demonstrating that the FBI likely used incendiary devices to start the fire which consumed the building and that the FBI did indeed fire on, and kill, Branch Davidians attempting to flee the fire.

Waco: The Rules of Engagement. [69] was nominated for a 1997 Academy Award for best documentary and was followed by another film in 1999: Waco: A New Revelation. [83] In 2001 another Michael McNulty documentary The F.L.I.R. Project was produced. This effort researched the aerial thermal images recorded by the FBI, and using identical "Flir" equipment recreated the same results as were recorded by federal agencies April 19, 1993.

Subsequent government-funded studies [84] contend that the infra-red evidence does not support the view that the FBI improperly used incendiary devices or fired on Branch Davidians. Infra-red experts continue to disagree, and film maker Amy Sommer stands by the original conclusions presented in the Waco: The Rules of Engagement documentary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_Siege#Documentary_films_and_related_issues

-------------

There is also a newer film, Waco: A New Revelation

Waco: A New Revelation is a 1999 documentary directed by Jason Van Vleet about the conflict in 1993 between the Branch Davidians, a religious apocalyptic group, and the FBI .

It is based on further research by the roll behind Waco: The Rules of Engagement. In this documentary, interviews with new people are conducted and more evidence is presented, one of which is a hole in the roof of "the bunker", allegedly made with an explosive charge. Another analysis is made of images allegedly showing an FBI helicopter killing a Branch Davidian in the Mt. Carmel courtyard.

A retired army officer and a CIA agent both reveal how they have spoken to several Combat Applications Group (nicknamed "Delta Force") soldiers, who all confirm that they were present on April 19 and that they were "involved in a firefight with the Branch Davidians".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco:_A_New_Revelation

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

Freedom is not given to the powerless. It's taken from the powerful

Your governement can choose, at any time, to revoke your liberties. Waco was a prime example. Not many learned the lesson. I'm glad you saw some truth, sammielee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit