Free the Mind and Holy Spirit – No Slave Class

by ABibleStudent 3 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Mt 23:1-14 (NIV) Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: “The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses seat. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach. They tie up heavy loads and put them on men’s shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to lift a finger to move them.

Everything they do is done for men to see: They make their phylacteries wide and the tassels on their garments long; they love the place of honor at banquets and the most important seats in the synagogues; they love to be greeted in the marketplaces and to have men call them ‘Rabbi’.

“But you are not to be called ‘Rabbi’, for you have only one Master and you are all brothers. And do not call anyone on earth ‘father’, for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. Nor are you to be called ‘teacher’, for you have one Teacher, the Christ. The greatest among you will be your servant. For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

My example is: During Bible study with an elder while initially exploring the WBTS, an elder said that family members and friends could still have relationships and talk with shunned JW's, but that other members of the congregation who barely knew the shunned JW would not. I am very sure of what the elder said, because I asked him several questions to clarify what he said, because I had previously learned that JW's in good standing would not talk to their relatives or friends who had been shunned. Why would an elder sugar coat being shunned?

NOTE: To those who would like to post their comments, please keep them respectful to others and if possible share a scripture that relates to the initial post.

Does anyone else see parallels about how the Pharisees behaved while Christ was on earth and how religious leaders behave today? Please write comments in this blog about what you have personally witnessed elders or discrete slaves do that you feel that Jehovah would not like. I have read articles that the WBTS writes that condemns other religions, but I feel that the WBTS does not see their own failings and will not allow JW’s to disagree with practices that are approved by the Discrete Slave Class.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

He said that to paint a better picture of the WT that it actually is.

• tec
    tec

'Tying up heavy loads and putting them on men's shoulders' springs to mind.

All the little rules... no smoking, certain haircuts, no facial hair, no this music, no those movies, no scouts, etc... The constant field service, not doing enough, that I hear about here, etc.

Put all of these together and this is one heavy burden.

Also, I've been wondering recently how they can get away with baptizing anyone underage? They made a big thing with me that Jesus was considered an adult at 30, and that was when he was baptized. So how does baptizing a 13 year old mesh with that?

Tammy

• tec
    tec

Oh yeah :)

WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!!!

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit