Convention Attendance

by LV101 2 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

I've heard the attendance isn't so great --- a lot of room and you aren't cramped for seating like in previous years. The economy has definitely hurt the numbers, but do you think it's because of the internet/information. I've read on this board that the assemblies and conventions are cash cows for the ORG and probably missed the discussions that already transpired regarding their profits this summer. Do you think this will have a devastating effect? I guess multi-billions work for a corporation forever & ever.

So enjoy reading Metatron's posts that it is rotting away --- or at least they will mainstream and protect the children and soften their blood rules.

NV1

• Gayle
    Gayle

Some of the "Google" news about conventions this summer coming through show pictures with plenty of empty seats.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Here in the UK there were unusually plenty of seats.

One item did deal with financing the work and the GB sent a thank you for continuing to support financially during the recent difficult times.

They then did a demo with a family planning to donate, the kid raiding his piggy bank or whatever and the parents using credit card and making the donation tax effective. I don't know if you have that system in countries other than the UK but here if you give to a charity and do it 'tax efficient' then the charity gets an extra £0.28 from the government for every £1.00 donated!

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit