Waco....omg what did our government DO there?

by WuzLovesDubs 9 Replies latest jw friends

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

I know this happened in 1993...but I was reminded of it a few days ago. If you have time to sit through this documentary you should. I know I always thought the Branch Davidians pulled a Heavens Gate and killed themselves instead of being taken. After seeing this...its 100% certain that the FBI murdered them. Pure and simple. And covered it up EXACTLY LIKE GEORGE W BUSH DID WHEN NO WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION WERE FOUND IN IRAQ!!!

Assholes.... Im sickened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_6vrep7k9g&NR=1

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Part I

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4298137966377572665#

Part II

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4298137966377572665#docid=-1755692679103175934

There is also a newer film, Waco: A New Revelation

Waco: A New Revelation is a 1999 documentary directed by Jason Van Vleet about the conflict in 1993 between the Branch Davidians, a religious apocalyptic group, and the FBI .

It is based on further research by the roll behind Waco: The Rules of Engagement. In this documentary, interviews with new people are conducted and more evidence is presented, one of which is a hole in the roof of "the bunker", allegedly made with an explosive charge. Another analysis is made of images allegedly showing an FBI helicopter killing a Branch Davidian in the Mt. Carmel courtyard.

A retired army officer and a CIA agent both reveal how they have spoken to several Combat Applications Group (nicknamed "Delta Force") soldiers, who all confirm that they were present on April 19 and that they were "involved in a firefight with the Branch Davidians".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco:_A_New_Revelation

Also, this is an interesting note:

Mainstream media tended to discount the critical views presented in early documentary films, because they were seen as coming from the political fringes of the right and left. [citation needed] This changed in 1997, when professional film makers Dan Gifford and Amy Sommer produced their Emmy Award winning documentary, Waco: The Rules of Engagement. [69] This film presents a history of the Branch Davidian movement and, most importantly, a critical examination of the conduct of law enforcement, both leading up to the raid and through the aftermath of the fire. The film features footage of the Congressional hearings on Waco, and juxtaposition of official government spokespeople with footage and evidence often directly contradicting the government spokespeople. The documentary also shows infra-red footage demonstrating that the FBI likely used incendiary devices to start the fire which consumed the building and that the FBI did indeed fire on, and kill, Branch Davidians attempting to flee the fire.

Waco: The Rules of Engagement. [69] was nominated for a 1997 Academy Award for best documentary and was followed by another film in 1999: Waco: A New Revelation. [83] In 2001 another Michael McNulty documentary The F.L.I.R. Project was produced. This effort researched the aerial thermal images recorded by the FBI, and using identical "Flir" equipment recreated the same results as were recorded by federal agencies April 19, 1993.

Subsequent government-funded studies [84] contend that the infra-red evidence does not support the view that the FBI improperly used incendiary devices or fired on Branch Davidians. Infra-red experts continue to disagree, and film maker Amy Sommer stands by the original conclusions presented in the Waco: The Rules of Engagement documentary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waco_Siege#Documentary_films_and_related_issues

• AGuest
    AGuest

Isn't this (and the "incident" at Ruby Ridge) the reason Timothy McVeigh blew up the federal building in Oklahoma?

Just askin'... and peace to all!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Yeah this and Ruby Ridge were bad scenes the government should NOT have gotten away with covering it up like they did.

And the attitude hasn't changed just look at that crap with the mormons a couple years ago.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It was on live television, IIRC. We all saw them kill the people. Is lying about it still a coverup if nobody believes the lies?

• AGuest
    AGuest

Omigosh... dear mkr (peace to you!)... you and I agree on something! (Wait, did someone just throw a piece of bacon over my head??)

I must say I am very glad to see that at least you believe the U.S. [government] really isn't all that domestically pristeen. So, see? We're not all that "different" after all (though I did wonder why a couple/few middle easterns were intially rounded up just after the Murrah building went down, but once the truth was out that it was a domestic "terrorist" of a particular, shall we say, "culture"... no one demanded that any other crew cut touting ex-marines... or active militiamen... be rounded up... and none were)...

No, no, not inviting comment or debate. Just making an observation...

Again, peace to you! Truly!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I know I always thought the Branch Davidians pulled a Heavens Gate and killed themselves instead of being taken. After seeing this...its 100% certain that the FBI murdered them. Pure and simple.

They played a pretty big role in their own deaths. They were in a scumbag cult that makes Jehovah's Witnesses look like Unitarian choir ministers. The government should have just hunkered down and waited them out, but it's not as if they weren't armed and dangerous and more than ready and willing to die. Even IF the FBI had tried to wait them out, it's likely it would have ended badly anyway.

So no, the FBI did not murder them, simple.

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

The government should have just hunkered down and waited them out

But they didn't

Even IF the FBI had tried to wait them out, it's likely it would have ended badly anyway

We'll never know now, will we?

They were in a scumbag cult that makes Jehovah's Witnesses look like Unitarian choir ministers.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

We'll never know now, will we?

No, we won't, but we do know that they were very willing to kill and, at least for those in power in the group, die.

They were in a scumbag cult that makes Jehovah's Witnesses look like Unitarian choir ministers.

Yeah, I was too easy on them, wasn't I?

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

No, we won't, but we do know that they were very willing to kill and, at least for those in power in the group, die.

How do you know what happened at Jonestown?

Yeah, I was too easy on them, wasn't I?

Were you? Maybe they were forced. Maybe they were willing.

Personally, I think they were weak-minded and good riddance to idiots.

Survival of the fittest is what has kept the human race strong up until the past 300 years. Too many people who can't or won't think...who can't or won't take care of themselves...dilute the human species. Weaklings are kept alive in the name of "humanity"

That's a fact.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit