escaping with the Dead

by SoulJah 6 Replies latest jw friends

• SoulJah
    SoulJah

anyone else leave to follow The Greatful Dead?
    what else could I do without an education? make grilled cheese
    A most liberating experience
    I was 16-17 years old
    the last straw:tried dicussing marijuana with my JW father really getting nowhere with subject; ironically he said it was illegal;more ironically my dicussion was very strategic, we were in a vehicle with my sister also present.here's the punch-line:
    so is drinking and driving and thats your 3rd beer!
    infuriated he pulled off the side of the freeway and kicked me out of the car in the middle of nowhere,so I hitchhiked to our destination;
    another brothers house.there was no further discusion,not even about the fact I arived an hour later,from where or why.
    from then i played along for acouple of years so that he would not feel the need to beat the s#%t out of me for awhile.

more drama later;if you like?

• Budda Belly
    Budda Belly

If you have some acid, please
    pass it my way.

"Blues for Allah"..a great ablum
    from the dead.

• LDH
    LDH

Were you at the New Year's Eve show in the Bay Area?

Have you caught them with Bruce Hornsby on piano?

Lisa

• SoulJah
    SoulJah

Lisa
    dont know cant remember
    ha-ha!

• Carmel
    Carmel

We must be soulbros,

I remember riding in the car going home after my baptism (12 yrs old) and making the mistake of being honest. When my mother ask how I felt about the events of the day, I said I was dissapointed that none of the insights happened that I was promised. SMACK! she backhanded me and like a slow learner I muttered something about experiancing the "love of Jesus". That's when pops popped me with the back of his elbow right across the bridge of my nose. Still have the fat one to show for it! But once is enough and while the tears streamed down from my eyes, nary was there another sound out of me.

That had to be the seminal point of my life where in one day I became "saved" and within hours, "lost".

It took two and a half years to make the break, but emotionally I was already "outta there".

cheers,

carmel

• Pureheart
    Pureheart

My JW mother slapped me so hard one morning before leaving for school that I literally saw stars with a black sky and everything. And what did she slap me for?
    My boy cousin had walked down to my house to accompany me to school. I was not ready and so he came inside the house and proceeded to my room. My mother comes to my room and kicks him out and told him that she did not allow boys in my room. I told her that she allow men in hers. She slapped so hard my face felt numb all the way to the bus stop. Join the club my fellow victim!

Pureheart

• SoulJah
    SoulJah

I could give countless expeirieces of my physical abuses;and I will in time!but for now here is an account of some mental abuse:
    don"t know why Ididnt want a hair cut;but I didn"t.well I got one because I didn"t have a choice of course.make along story short;I had a worldly friend fix it;shaved except bangs [a.k.a.skater-doo].
    of course I could only expect the usual ass wooping when I got home;well my mom sent me to my room"wait till your father gets home!"
    so I did;here comes dad up the driveway;fear sets in;hear mom and dad
    talking;hear footsteps coming;how bad will it be this time?
    this time he walks into the room,looks at me and says:"you know at your funeral I won"t even cry for you, I hope it's soon"and walked out
    what was I to think? test him of course;I wasn't crazy Iwas just holding him to his word.
    they took my sister out to dinner that evening;
    I then aquired a knife from the kitchen and waited for their arrival back home;they arrive to find me in bed with the knife in position to take my life;the fun begins!they actually call the cops and not the elders.
    I ended up spending the next several weeks on the 5th floor at the local hospital[psyce-ward]at least no one there would beat me;in fact after nany questions they decided I was normal,my father was the one with the problem;finally they sent me home;I think I liked the 5th floor better!
    things got better{I figured out a way to work it}ha-ha-ha!

what was I to think? well I tested him

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit