Scarborough, UK JW Paedophile around 1999-2000?

by James_Slash 3 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• James_Slash
    James_Slash

I'm just looking to see if anyone was aware of this.

I was a JW at the time and me, my friend and my Mother would often attend the Scarborough, South bay congregation whenever we were on vacation - probably over a 3-year-period.

Around 1999-2000 we went there and there was an American 'Brother' present who had married a 'sister' who he had met at the New York bethel when she had visited. Both he and she were regular pioneers. You could tell that the congregation held them in the very highest regard.

I remember on the Thursday night during the Service meeting they got him on the platform and he told the whole congregation how he emptied the bins at Bethel but enjoyed doing it for Jehovah. He said how being at Bethel had shaped him and readjusted his mind and he was blessed by meeting his current wife and moving to England to be with her. He said how he had been blessed with his 'window washer' job which had been provided to him on his arrival by another Brother in the congregation, and how he and his wife had been blessed by being able to undertake the Regular Pioneer work.

The congregation were in awe of him.

After that meeting, he and his wife invited a few of us back to his apartment for a pizza. I remember as I was leaving he requested my telephone number but said to me as I was leaving "if you get disfellowshipped, please let me know so that I can take you out of my address book".

I remember thinking at the time that this guy was too good to be true. I remember he couldn't hold eye contact for very long and that is something I look for to see if someone is genuine.

A few weeks later I had a phone call from someone in that congregation saying that this guy was in jail! Apparently he had been 'touching up' the younger girls in the congregation and he had been arrested. One of the Elders in the congregation had been attacked by one of the girls Fathers (who was not a JW) and put in hospital.

I visited the same congregation a year later and his wife was remarried and pregnant. No mention of him. You would have never known he was ever there.

His name was Albert.....something? Never caught his second name. Does anyone recall this ever being reported?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"if you get disfellowshipped, please let me know so that I can take you out of my address book".

That's a new one. Important, though, that you gives the call BEFORE one is df'ed, as the other one shouldn't communicate with you afterwards ..........

• life is to short
    life is to short

marked for latter

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Somebody I knew from a congregation near scarborough told me of another child molester that scarborough cong. had who had once served as a MS and had abused girls in the cong. before he was disfellowshipped, for and affair with a young girl, they said that years later a worldy girl made allegations about him then a couple of witnesses [women] backed this up, and that he was sentenced to 3 yrs this was a few years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit