A form of healing?

by New day 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• New day
    New day

It has been mentioned on here by quite a few posters that when they let go of the pressure of living up to the standards set out in the Wt publications, they felt relief from a strangulating set of rules and regulations which do not truly reflect the kindness and love displayed by Jesus.

As more than a year has gone by since I first read the Ray Franz books and started reading posts here, I recently stepped back and thought about how I now feel. Having always been a boy who can't say no (theocratically speaking) I have just now realized that, yes, I can refuse talks in the TMS if I either can't do them or (gasp) don't want to do them. Just last week a well-meaning but misguided elder put me down to take a fs arrangement without asking me, despite the fact that I resigned as an elder last year and had asked for the pressure to be taken off. When the elder asked if putting me on the fs taking list had been a good idea, I told him it wasn't and that I couldn't commit to anything like that for the moment. He is trying to co-opt me back into the arrangements so that I will go back as an elder, but I am resisting! "The truth will set you free."

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Good for you New Day! Just say NO!

These guys just want to "use" you. When they Brothers told me they wanted to "use" me and I needed to this or that, so they could "use me". When I thought about it, they had a whole other meaning for the word use. In reality they want to use me so they don't have to do it. I think most of the Elders hate the responsibilities and would love some down time. Except for the power hungry brown nosers who have too much time on their hands.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    "Thanks for asking, but I am definitely not ready yet. If things change, I'll come to you right away."
  • New day
    New day
    Nice line, "The Searcher."
  • hoser
    hoser
    I quit the tms over a year ago. Told the overseer A bullshit story I have panic attacks on stage.
  • New day
    New day
    I used to feel I would let others down if I didn't rise to the challenge of doing all assignments. Reminds me of the saying "the graveyards are full of indispensable people."
  • Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

I told the school elder that 2 parts per year is all I can handle for now and that I would let him know when I have more time in the future. Have not given a part in a very long time. Sometimes all it takes is clear communication.

SL

• New day
    New day
    Nice idea. My wife is also going through huge trauma from relentless pressure of being a Witness for the last forty years. She has almost opted out due to psychological trauma even though she is a true believer. She almost blew her top when the TMS overseer suggested she be a householder on the school, even though I had point blank told him she could not take the pressure. He does not get it at all.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    Good for you, Newday, standing up for yourself. And for your wife, too.
  • zeb
    zeb

dont you people know that the only way to get any relief from this world is by doing MORE fs and MORE talks and attending EVERY meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit