Conti Verdict - what will this mean for congregation?

by sparrowdown 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Will the outcome of this case translate into any major changes for the way congregations are run?

What do you think?

• done4good
    done4good

Yes. See my reply to your post on the other Conti case thread.

The short term will bring mostly elder policy changes in handling of these cases. Longer term will see a change in the way the entire judicial process works within the congs. (Read, it will weaken it).

d4g

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Ok, just read it, thanks d.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Yes I think this will have a big effect on the WT corporation giving up some control to avoid legal action in the future. A move the GB will be forced to implement for their financial survival, it's coming as the news gets out among the R&F about these legal loses, I see the Faithful Slave loosing popularity over this whole kerfuffle and elders not wanting to be left holding the bag so to speak. This whole thing is going to snowball in time if it hasn't already.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I'm hoping this is the tip of the iceberg re lawsuits. I'm wondering though whether they will now crack down on things like who is permitted to accompany minor children going d2d. The whole letter of recommendation thing being complete bs and a legal ticking time bomb. Will the elders become more nazi-ish as they go into damage control mode.

This case highlights how many "barn doors" there are that need closing.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

sparrowdown, we now know why Jehovah did not bring the end in 2014- the strong angel Candace stood in his way warning him that pedophiles would roam freely in the new system and that he better do something now -

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The more the XJW community and "Satan's World" push the WTS to reform their policies/ doctrines*, the more they'll resist and dig in their heels.

Mark my words; this is gonna get a lot uglier.

x

* Because at this point, policies are doctrines and doctrines are policies, as far as the WTS is concerned.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    My sentiments exactly vidiot - it's kicking off!
  • fukitol
    fukitol

Might be the end of door to door work as we know it. The Society aren't stupid (although they are). They've anticipated this.

Why do you think they've started their own TV channel, created street cart witnessing, turned JW's into nothing more than junk mail deliverers?

• TheListener
    TheListener
    Although I feel that the average witness will have no idea why any of the changes have occurred.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit