Herbal remedies

by Ice cream 8 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Ice cream
    Ice cream

If in the beginning when God (supposedly) created Adam & Eve, with the prospect of eternal life without sickness etc. Why did he create plants with medicinal values that could treat sickness & ailments? There would be no need for them. Hope that makes sense. Would appreciate your thoughts. Cheers!

• xelder
    xelder

Obviously....so that 6000 years later Watchtower Farms could grow their own cheap medicine for Bethelites

• John Locke
    John Locke

Nice question Ice Cream

But why the Eternal Life was supposed to be without sicknesses?

It reminds me the statement that doctors will not be needed in the New World.

Was it supposed to impossible, for example, to break you arm or get hole in you tooth ?

Physical or chemichal processes that lead to the above mentioned results are natural and

and just follow laws of nature. So the question is: did God change law of nature after Adam

sinned? Personally I doubt it. So to my opinion, perfect people could get sick, but with the help of

their perfect immune system and means provided by God on earth (such as different kinds of herbs)

they could successfully recover without dieing.

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

What a great question Ice cream. I've never thought of that before. But you're right - why would god create herbal medicine if he created a perfect man who would never get sick and need those medicines. It's sort of like a two way bet. Setting things up in case that perfect man failed the all important test that would keep him perfect.

Even thinking the herbal medicines were created as preventative medicines is not logical if man was created perfect/whole/complete unless as John Locke says in his post these perfect humans could get sick and would need medicines. But if this was the case then in my opinion then man couldn't really be called 'perfect'.

Hopscotch

ps - welcome to the forum.

• read good books
    read good books

Yeah, on the other hand what if a perfect man fell and broke his neck? Was the original man and woman built differently so their injuries would heal instantly, even a severe burn or cut?

• John Locke
    John Locke

Yeah, on the other hand what if a perfect man fell and broke his neck? Was the original man and woman built differently so their injuries would heal instantly, even a severe burn or cut?

Don't think so. Perfect man, Jesus Christ died because of injuries. He had a physical body which llowed all physical/chemichal law. If it looses big amount of blood it cannot function proprly, hence it dies.

• John Locke
    John Locke

perfect humans could get sick and would need medicines. But if this was the case then in my opinion then man couldn't really be called'perfect'.

Why not? Perfect meens "exactly what is needed for a paticular purpose". The purpose of perfect boby was to maintain life of individual forever. It didn't meen that this body could't be deliberately destroyed. Example of Christ't body shows otherwise. So now, as we know two extreme cases, medcine herbs fit this picture as something inbetween.

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

If you can keep them alive, you can keep re-inflicting them with torturous maladies. No mercy deaths, ye sinners!

• Ice cream
    Ice cream

Thanks hopscotch!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit