My mum thinks "this Generation" teaching has gone back as it was {1914} In 2010?? Much confused old Witnesses!

by Witness 007 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Some I have spoken to just still think the 1914 folks are the generation!!! The Watchtower article is confusing. I asked my mum and she firmly believes that "Babies born in 1914 would still be alive today......look at Brother Franz, how Loooong he lived!...."

I gave up in the end. Also why do they use Franz who lived to 96 as an example when this is not a normal lifespan for a man. {70-80 says the bible}

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

They used Franz as an example at the DC.

If a Dub says something that doesn't seem right, send them off to find the articles to prove it.

• bible brain
    bible brain

Hi! greetings to 007 and Black sheep.

I came across this live journal which answers your question on "THE GENERATION" Matthew recorded in 24v14 and thought it is fantastic and TRUE!

I have copied and pasted it here for you in the hope it will give you the help you need.

Pasted: ~

Things your governing body has not told you.

Part 6.

For many many years now your governing body have tried to make sense of God’s word but they are unable to get to the truth because they will not be guided by the holy spirit or by those sent to them to correct them, instead they end up disfellowshipping them as apostate. As in the 1980s when several of the governing body were disfellowshipped because they would not follow the false teachings.

For example, their teachings on Matthew chapter 24v34. “This generation will not pass away until all these things take place”. Can you remember just how many times they have changed their minds as to the truth of this verse?

They first likened it to the generation from 1914, which did not materialise into any truths. Their last revival of this verse they have now likened to apply to the anointed ones, but are they correct on this? No! Emphatically not.

If you read Matthew’s account of events you will read in chapter 23, Jesus condemning the Jews and giving 6 woes to them he also tells them in v38, “your house is forsaken and desolate” and in v36 Jesus tells them “truly I say to you, all this will come upon this generation” yes! The generation of Jesus, in the first century, that is the generation that was condemned. Again if you look with me in Isaiah chapter 53v8 it says, “By oppression and judgment he was taken away; and as for his generation, who considered”. So Matthew was referring to the generation in the first century, how could you then liken the prophecy to today?

The prophecy in Matthew and Luke is specifically referring to the Jews inside Jerusalem and not concerning any other nation so again how can this prophecy which was directed to the Jews inside Jerusalem now miraculously refer to the world of mankind? This is just plain stupidity.

COME ON JEHOVAH’S WITNESSES WHY LISTEN TO HALF TRUTHS. JUST

BECAUSE YOUR GOVERNING BODY SAY’S A TEACHING IS CORRECT,

CHECK IT OUT FIRST BRFORE YOU LISTEN TO THEM.

end of quote: ~ http://www.pitn.net The FDS vs the Governing body.

• designs
    designs

One religious zealot calling another religious zealot group Zealots

• bible brain
    bible brain

Hi! Designs, not really correct here, I was just giving an answer to the question on the "generation". JUST TRYING TO HELP ANOTHER PERSON.

What are you doing?

You could not posibly have looked up the reference yet! So what gives you the right to call us Zealots? Why don't you help her?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit