I just made a scene at the DC hotel!!!

by JediMaster 9 Replies latest jw friends

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

Ok, so this weekend was DC for me. I still need to go from time to time and attend them just to see the old "friends" and keep a reasonably civilized relationship with my family. Kudos to those of you who've endured the whole thing, I've already got a knot on my stomach.

So here's what happened. After a 3 1/2 hour drive I finally get to the hotel. It's downtown and across from a hotel, so it's impossible to get in, once I finally make it into the parking lot, SURPRISE!!!!, it's full, all seven floors of the ramp. I had to park 4 blocks away and walk all the way back to the hotel. The front dest staff was rude and just plain unpleasant. The room wasn't ready, even though I got here well after 6pm. After a 30 min wait, I finally get in. The room is horrible!!!!! Incredibly small, the bathroom was as big as a closet, Im not kidding, it was probably 3x4. You actually had to get in between the toilet and the shower to close the door. The room was just hideous, not enough room for anything, not even an iron. What the heck is wrong with the lodging dept???? So I get online, and find the number to another one of the "recommended" hotels. I call and Im able to get a room there. So I walk down to the lobby and demand to speak to the manager. She comes out and I explain the situation. She seems nice at first, but then gets haugthier and snnobbier as we talk. She cancells my room and tells me they'll keep the deposit cuz it's non-refundable.

Are you kidding me, I'm cancelling this because of them, not because of me, the place sucked, the service sucked, and I had to park 4 blocks away just because they were not ready for the large amount of people that came in this weekend. So after about 5 minutes of VERY LOUD argument. She gave me the phone numer to her superior and said to call her or come in tomorrow. Now I have an excuse to leave the program....yes!!!!.

Not kidding, the room at the new hotel is $10 more expensive, but it's 3 times as big and the service is at least 10 times better. I felt a little bad cuz they knew I was with the "watchtower" group and I'm usually not that agressive, but I was like what the heck, this isnt' right!!! I've seen motel 8 with better service and rooming than that.

Thanks for listening my ranting, just needed to vent, the convention will be stressful enough I think I at least deserve decent accomodations. So anyway, tomorrow no I'll have to figure out how to get my money back....any ideas????

Jedi Master

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hugs to you Jedi! Let this be a lesson!! You could be at home right now, and that room money could get you 2-3 months of interenet

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Whats the name of the Hotel?

We'll all call and give them what for...lol

• besty
    besty

tripadvisor.com

leave a review...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Did you pay via credit card? You may be able to remove the charges through them.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is why it pays to pick the motel of your choosing, not from the recommenation list. Going online usually gets you a better deal on a better room. Chances are good that you will get a better room, and pay about the same as for a crap room, if you do that. Sure, it prevents them from getting their "bonus" rooms or kickbacks--or negotiating room rates. But, if they are going to give you crap rooms (which may or may not throw in the bedbugs at no extra charge), why not.

Better still, blow it off. That way, you pay zero and avoid wasting the time in the miserable heat. You also save the gas to get to the city. And, you can get details on this forum about what you missed out on, and actually be able to make reasonable comments about it (and not just "That was a GREAT program", either). Without wasting your vacation time. Then, if you still want to travel, you can take a real vacation.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Oh, and first you should go through the rooming desk at the convention. They were the ones that recommended the dump on their list. Give them a description of how crappy the room was and how rude they were. But tell them that you were very kind and patient... that's not lying, it's "theocratic warfare".

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Glad you got new accommodations. There are some hotels on the rooming list that are also just filthy. And I know friends have complained to the rooming department, but the hotels stay on the list year after year.

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

Oooohh beks you're right!!! Snoozy as much as I'd love to take you on on that, I'm still kinda paraoid about giving away too much info about myself on this site. I had already thought about writing a review online and writing a letter. Unfortuntely, it's a local hotel only, nothing like a Radisson or double tree. I already tried getting corporate online but there's only three hotels in this city and that's it. I had already though of Billys suggestion. I'll try that, but they took that deposit out back a couple months ago. aaaaaaahhhh!!!! I"m so screwd. I guess beks and WWTwizard are right. I decided to come more for the old gigs, walking around all dressed up, saying hi to the pretty sisters, and just kinda see some old friends. Unfortunately, I couldn't just pretend I'd attended a different one as there is only one convention close here, so either I go or everyone will know. This is so frustrating!!!!!

Jedi Master

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aw, Jedi Master, so sorry to hear about that... Look at it this way; you've just prevented most of the people who were within earshot from EVER studying with the Witnesses!!

Hope the rest of your time at the DC is much more pleasant... Try imagining the speaker giving the speech as being clad only in his "Spiderman" boxer shorts...

Hugs!! ((Jedi))

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit