From Whom Should We Receive True Bible Teachings today?

by wannabe 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabe
    wannabe

From Whom Should We Receive True Bible Teachings Today?

Does it not make sense, that the same one who taught the early Christian's should be the same one that holds that responsibility to teach them all today? Would it not also be true, that was we to accept the Teachings of any Religious Organization today, we would only be receiving our Bible teachings from Man, and not from the true source, that taught in the first Century? Would not those type of teachings be lacking the Holy Spirit, hence, worthless to us? What did Jesus tell the Samaritan Women at the Well-Side? Let's look at that account now, shall we?

20"Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem." 21Jesus declared, "Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth." {John 4: 20-24 NIV}

We see that Jesus informed this Woman that the Worship that the Father was seeking, was on the scene, had now come, and he pointed out to her that it was to come again; producing the kind of Worshippers that the Father had sought to Worship him. Those that would Worship in Spirit and in truth. Just how was it they were able to perform that kind of Worship in the first Century? Notice the following:

16 "He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. And he stood up to read. 17The scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written: 18"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, 19to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor." 20Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him, 21and he began by saying to them, "Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing." {Luke 4:16-21 NIV}

The whole point of this is, Jesus was the one sent by his Father, too preach and to teach, and to that end had the Holy Spirit on him in a very powerful way. It was by direct association with him that they could be found worshipping in Spirit and in Truth. Notice what he tells us in John 14:6 about this very thing:

6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." {John 14:6 NIV}

So! There was one way, and one way only, to be found worshipping the Father as he desired; they must gain approach to the Christ, and that may not be as easy as one might imagine, as Paul will show us in his following words:

5 "For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all men—the testimony given in its proper time." {1 Timothy 2:5 NIV}

There are over Ten Thousand varied Religions on our earth today, but not one of them will gain us approach to the Christ. If we do not go through the one Mediator, then we simply do not go, it's that simple. How then do we gain approach to this one mediator? Jesus, as we might expect will show us just how that is done:

44"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me drawshim, and I will raise him up at the last day." {John 6:44 NIV}

Go into any one of the Main-line Religions of Religious Christendom thinking you can gain approach to the Christ, you're wasting your time; that will gain you absolutely nothing at all. Was Jehovah not to draw you to his Son, you're dead in the water. None of them are the one mediator between man and God, and unless we gain approach to that one mediator; there is no other way than through the Christ.

We are all solely dependant on Jehovah and on his decision whether to draw us or not. Jehovah does all of the choosing, and he knows all those that belong to him; only the ones he recognizes as belonging to him will be drawn to his Son.

19"Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness." {2 Timothy 2:19 NIV}

As I continue with this writing, there is one thing we must keep ever forward in our minds. That is the following:

33"Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear." {Acts 2:33 NIV}

Only Jesus is seated in his exalted position, at his Fathers right hand. Only Jesus has received the promised Holy Spirit, to employ as a teaching instrument to teach the Truth of his Fathers word. Only Jesus is the one mediator between his Father and Mankind. Only Jesus is the one leader and one teacher of all true Christian's. All of the first Century Christian's that were in association with him, worshipped the way the Father desired, in Spirit and in Truth, because they followed that one leader and one teacher. They all were taught by him. Jesus had told that Samaritan Woman that kind of Worship was coming again; so it is here right now at this very moment in time. Only Jesus is the Way of the Truth!

Only Jesus can employ the Holy Spirit so that one will come to know all truth, even that which is to come. Only Jesus is able to anoint us with Holy Spirit so that we will need no one to be teaching us anything. We need to be able to say, as did Paul: {John 14:26; 16:13} {1 John 2:27} {1 Corinthians 2:10}

11"I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached is not something that man made up. 12I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ." {Galatians 1:11,12 NIV}

All of the followers of the Main-line Religions of this World, including Jehovah's Witnesses receive their teachings for the most part from lying Religious Leaders who know nothing about the truth of the Bible, nor could they ever know. They do not receive those teachings by means of Revelations from the Christ, because the Christ would vomit them all out of his mouth. {Revelation 3:16} How to Worship in Spirit and in truth escapes them all. Neither their Religious Leaders or those that follow know anything about worshipping in spirit and in truth. Their major problem is, they don't really care to know that. It would seriously cramp their style. None of them, like Paul, can say, "I did not receive it from any Man," because all of them are taught what they know by Men, they do not receive their teachings by means of Revelations from Jesus Christ. None of them can make that claim. There is only one leader, and only one teacher, only one mediator between men and God. Only one takes those positions; our one Lord Jesus Christ. It is none of the Main-Line Religious Leaders, and most certainly it is not the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society.

Was it to be true, that we are not receiving our teachings from the one leader and one teacher, by means of Revelations from the Spirit Realm then we could never know the true teachings of the Bible, because only the one leader and one teacher is qualified to teach his Father's word, being as he is the only one in possession of the true teaching instrument, the Holy Spirit. Only the one who could make this following claim would be a qualfied teacher of God's word, the Truth. No Religious Leader of whatever denomination, Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses included, could make this following claim:

33"Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear." {Acts 2:33 NIV} This is the only one from whom we will receive true teachings of the Bible from today. There is no other source than, but through him. Jesus Christ! Wannabe

• eyes wide shut
    eyes wide shut

The Holy Spirit. You made a beautiful post.

Inspiring for me.

God bless you

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Only the one who could make this following claim would be a qualfied teacher of God's word, the Truth. No Religious Leader of whatever denomination, Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses included, could make this following claim:

33"Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear." {Acts 2:33 NIV} This is the only one from whom we will receive true teachings of the Bible from today. There is no other source than, but through him. Jesus Christ!"

So what you are saying is each individual receives the Truth about the Bible directly from God, through Christ Jesus. Each person that truly receives God's indented pronouncements from his inspired word would not forsake the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom:

And let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works, not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you behold the day drawing near. Hebrews 10:24-25

This of course leads back to the formation of the Christian congregation. How are the Christian congregations amongst Jehovah's Witnesses any different than the first century Christians?

it-1 pp. 128-129 Apostle

Administrative position. In the formation, organization, and subsequent direction of the Christian congregation, the apostles occupied a primary position. (1Co 12:28; Eph 4:11) Although they were joined by others of the “older men” in such supervision, they formed a principal part of the governing body of the expanding Christian congregation, and this body was recognized by the early Christians everywhere as the channel of communication used by God to render decisions and direct the affairs of the congregation throughout the earth. (Ac 2:42; 8:14-17; 11:22; 15:1, 2, 6-31; 16:4, 5) This was possible for these men only because of the fulfillment of the promises about guidance by God’s holy spirit. (Joh 15:26, 27) Such help enabled them to recall Jesus’ instructions and teachings, to clarify points of doctrine, and to be progressively guided “into all the truth” revealed through them at that apostolic period. (Joh 14:26; 16:13-15; compare Joh 2:22; 12:16.) They made appointments to positions of service within the congregation and also designated areas in which certain ones would engage in missionary activity.—Ac 6:2, 3; Ga 2:8, 9.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit