Anyone care to write a #2 talk?

by mindfield 9 Replies latest jw friends

• mindfield
    mindfield

Yup, you heard me! If you are interested in writing a 5 min. long talk, including about 3min. of Bible reading (which gives you about 2 min. long), you now have the chance!

Okay, so most of you won't be interested. Actually, it's my brother that has a talk by the end of the month, and his Bible verses he has been given are pretty... interesting. He actually has the juiciest bits in the Song of Solomon. Grroooow.

Since he's still "in", he won't say anything that would give him a bad reputation or get punished, so the talk would have to be with a "double edge"... some would understand, others wouldn't. So, if you want to have your talk spoken in front of a cong. and recorded (I can probably arrange it), hey! Here's your chance.

The verses are: Song of Solomon 5:1-16.

Put in something that'll make them think... "is he really saying what I'm thinking he is???"

Anyways, maybe I'll do it myself, just that some here are so much more eloquent than I am.

G'day!

• David Gladden
    David Gladden
    my sister, my bride...
    I have taken off my dress
    I opened to my beloved
    My beloved extended his hand through the opening

WOW! Thats some nasty stuff!

• ElijahTheThird
    ElijahTheThird

Ohhhhhh myyyyyyy goddddddd FOCLMAO!
    That was the first talk I ever gave!
    That was the only talk I ever gave.
    I was DFed for having a Concubine!
    Sheeeeesh, go figure will yah?
    Norval

• Scully
    Scully

Your brother is how old?? 13??

Did the School Overseer realize the reading was so ummmmm filled with sexual metaphors when he assigned it to your brother?? Geez I think that's highly inappropriate. You might as well get him to read the Kama Sutra from the platform, it's full of similar kinds of metaphors.

What do your parents think of having him do that assignment??

Personally, if I was the JW-mother of a young man who was assigned this reading, I'd be ragging on my JW-husband to have it changed, because it is so age-inappropriate. If they made the Song of Solomon into a movie, it would be XXX rated, and JWs wouldn't be allowed to go see it.

Love, Scully

PS - Besides which, I would hate to have him get "counselled" after that reading for leaving the platform with a 'boner behind his Bible'.

It is not persecution for an informed person
    to expose a certain religion as being false.
    - WT 11/15/63

A religion that teaches lies cannot be true. -WT 12/1/91

• Valis
    Valis

I gave that talk this morning after 2 cups of coffee and a cigarette.

Sincerely,
    District Overbeer

• mindfield
    mindfield

Scully:
    How true...

Although I don't think my parents would agree... therefore, if nobody wants to write this talk, I'll write something including your reference to an XXX movie...

Pleeease? Anyone?

• mindfield
    mindfield

No one??? Nobody?

• unanswered
    unanswered

that's a tempting offer, mind. i haven't been able to mess with dubs in a while. i'm just afraid that having to write a talk again would bring back memories that would make me puke. - nate

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Mindfield,

You just a little kid.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Hey Mind,

If you can think of a theme, and give me the exact verses, I'll be glad to give it a shot....could be funny. I was a hell of a speaker in my time....in fact I talked too much, which explains why I'm HERE now.

ashi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit