Convention Questions - No.2

by IMHO 9 Replies latest jw friends

• IMHO
    IMHO

What's with the

Soliloquies

Do they really help? I find them very strange and false (in the convention setting).

Plus how many people actually know what a solioquy actually is?

I'm sure even less people have even heard the word outside a convention, unless they study Shakespear.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I often engage in a little solioquy... i find it helps to solve some problems

but i get worried when i start answering back!

oz

• wobble
    wobble

Hey Oz !

Me and Myself have some terrific arguments, I get worried when I start to punch myself !

As to the dramas and soliloquies at Conventions, along with people telling their own experiences, they all sound false and really weird.

• JWFreak
    JWFreak

Another expression is the word monologue....

To be honest I think most people talk to themselves outloud.......or is it just me

• teel
    teel
    To be honest I think most people talk to themselves outloud.......or is it just me

To be honest I think it's just you... I only talk to my pets and sometimes to my imaginary friend - never mind.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I remember the first convention that I ever missed. Ahhh it felt good... my "dad" would put a KM and blast it real loud just to wake me and bother me. What an idiot, but I just smiled because I had the rest of the day to catch on my sleep.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I have to talk to myself sometimes, when nobody else will listen!!

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Soliloquies - never heard of that word before until the convention. Why couldn't they just call it a monologue? Oh yeah, JWs are "different" from the world, so they have to use this one....

• ziddina
    ziddina

"To be honest I think most people talk to themselves outloud.......or is it just me ..."

"To be honest I think it's just you... I only talk to my pets and sometimes to my imaginary friend - never mind. ..."

Not to jerk this thread too far off-topic, but...

I talk to my car... and yell at my computer...

As for the "soliloquies" at the District Convention... I heard that Fred Franz used to walk around Bethel, giving soliloquies to his shoes...

I think it's a "drama queen" thing... Also, yet another way to 'talk down' to the Rank&File - I always found the "soliloquies" at the CCs and the DCs to be banal, repetitive regurgitations of WTBTS propaganda... "OOH! There's 'Brother Questioning-the-Troooth'! Should I talk to him, even though he hasn't been disfellowshipped yet, for not attending every meeting?? I must be a FAITHFUL Witness of "Jehovah", or I'LL end up in a Judicial Committee myself!!"

I really wouldn't have compared the Watchtower's scripted "soliloquies" to Shakespeare, but that's just me...

Zid

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

They are supposed to be a good teaching technique

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit