JW mother or not?

by blondie 4 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Over the next 15 years, police checked in with Sagala each year and sent her a questionnaire, but she had no new information. She said she periodically tried to contact her estranged husband's friends and family in Mexico with no luck.

Eventually, Sagala said she tried to move on with her life. She started a long-term relationship withanother man, gave birth to two more children — a girl and a boy — and threw herself into worship at her Jehovah's Witness church.

Sagala tried to recreate the life she lost with her first two when her new babies arrived: She gave birth at the same hospital, incorporated parts of their names in her new children's names and dressed them in the same tiny outfits she had saved.

"I went to church, I prayed, because as a mother, I'm not strong enough for the burden I have now. My two kids right now, they help me to be strong," Sagala said of her younger children. "Before, I missed everything as a mother, I missed their birthdays. It really hurts."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5grkU6bwsM3D4zfrCARJvpQ1_fhWAD9GU39N00

• snowbird
    snowbird

Maybe, maybe not.

Here's more information:

Meanwhile, Sagala raised two younger children she had with a man she said she married three years after Utrera fled and with whom she now lives on a quiet residential street in this city about 35 miles east of Los Angeles. It's not clear if she ever divorced Utrera.

Sad, sad, sad situation.

Syl

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hi Blondie,

i read the article, and i'm wondering if they misquoted the woman,

because we know if she a JW she wouldn't refer the kingdom hall to a church

or talk about missing the holiday's,

• changeling
    changeling

Not. At least not baptized. She could have said "church" to be understood. Then again, JW's don't go to the KH to pray (sounds like a Catholic thing)... Nah, this story's not right...

• Elder-Patrol
    Elder-Patrol

No, she couldn't have become baptized JW or a JW publisher while "living in sin".

Although... non-publishers can worship at Kingdom Halls, and the journalist may have "translated" the woman's words poorly; for example, the Spanish word "cumpleaños" can mean any special dates (not NECESSARILY birthdays).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit