Schnell and The Watchtowers everchanging "truth"

by brotherdan 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I guess that's not the most interesting sounding topic, but I've been reading William Schnells book "Into the Light of Christianity" and came across something that I thought was totally profound. He says:

"I now know that all cults...interpose an intermediary center for salvation. In this way they sidetrack the true purpose of Christianity, which is, to give the image and likeness of Jesus Christ full play for growth in the individual. The cults eliminate Christ as the center.

In order to create the position of becoming the intermediate center, they must destroy "the form of sound words" and eliminate the gifts appointed to preserve these intact. They must eliminate the positions of pastors, teachers and evangelists by setting themselves up, in their new center of things, as promulgating NEW truths. These truths must be everchanging to maintain a platform of something fresh and new emanating from the NEW center. This must be so to cover up the absence of Holy Spirit. "

This was one of the most profound insights I've heard on the WT structure. I'm really enjoying this book. Has anyone else read it?

• elderelite
    elderelite

no but i think i might now...

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I believe it was written in the 50's or 60's, and it's a bit of a harder read than say Ray Franz's books. But his insights into historic Christianity and how to accept different denominations as beautiful diversity in Christ, is very interesting. I don't know how much I agree yet, but it's a facinating read.

• changeling
    changeling

Schnell's wife was an anointed missionary where I grew up and a friend of my parents. A more disagreable, bitter woman you will never meet...

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

She must've been old school too. I look at the old JW photos and most of the women have snarls on their faces!

• changeling
    changeling

She was small and thin, ramrod straight back, hair in a tight bun, thick German accent... A "snarl" was a fixture on her face...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I think Botchtower Corporation needs to improve on the "fresh and new" coming from their center. The sheeples are eating recycled crazy batsh!t these days.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Billy! You mean...what? You don't...believe in overlapping generations?!?!? WHA?!?!? Billy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit