Peace or Sword?

by Fester 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Fester
    Fester

Mat 10:34 "Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. Mat 10:35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. Mat 10:36 And a person's enemies will be those of his own household.

Eph 2:14 For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility Eph 2:15 by abolishing the law of commandments expressed in ordinances, that he might create in himself one new man in place of the two, so making peace, Eph 2:16 and might reconcile us both to God in one body through the cross, thereby killing the hostility. Eph 2:17 And he came and preached peace to you who were far off and peace to those who were near. Anyone else see a biblical inconsistency here? It looks like the Matthew version of Jesus is one of division, whereas the Pauline Jesus is a peaceful type. This was the biggest problem that religious institutions had of course, as a result, thousands of differing denominations....
  • tec
    tec

Peace for those who belong to Him, certainly.

As for the sword - well, the truth works like a sword in a sense, doesn't it? It can pierce like a sword - spiritually speaking - such as when we examine ourselves, or have someone speak the truth about us (especially when it isn't good). Like the Pharisees - when Jesus called them hypocrites, and blind guides, etc.

Tammy

• Chalam
    Chalam

Ultimately, the peace only comes with division.

Blessings,

Stephen

• tec
    tec

Hi Stephen!

Can you elaborate please? Thanks.

Tammy

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Jesus is a home wrecker. The world would be better without him.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Some don't want peace, the Prince of Peace or the peacemakers, that is evident.

The most stunning demonstration of this is after Satan is let loose at the end of 1000 years of peace on earth and many choose war over peace Revelation 20

Notice too how Jesus returns to bring "division". Revelation 20/21 clearly spells out what this division is.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Aussie Oz
  • Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

What happened?!

i see Jesus taking direct responsability for his message dividing families

unlike the WT SOC:

Watchtower 1/15 2008 pg 29

Jehovah’s Word Is Alive

Highlights From the Book of Matthew

10:34-38—Is the Scriptural message to be blamed for family rifts? Not at all. Rather, rifts are caused by the position taken by unbelieving family members. They may choose to reject or oppose Christianity, bringing about divisions in the family.—Luke 12:51-53.

• Fester
    Fester

Yes, this is one of those verses that has to be twisted by both JW's and all Christian believers of any church. The message is actually derived from ancient Roman Mithraism. Many of the biblical accounts are stories taken from other dying/resurrected agricultural solar deities. A prime example is John 6:53-57 taken directly from Mithraic worship. It was always customary to eat the flesh and drink the blood of the Mithras to become "one" with him.

In this case, "do not think I came to bring peace" literally means that he is there to bring division and strife and pain to families worldwide, and that is exactly what he did. He didn't come as the prophet Malachi foretold.... that much is certain!

Mal 4:5 "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the great and awesome day of the LORD comes.

Mal 4:6 And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction."

Most Christians are unaware of the damage that the Mithraic and Dionysian influence had on the bible writers. They are also unaware that the bible gospels are third and fourth hand documents, no one knows who wrote them, no one knows when.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit