Witnesses reach out to U S A immigrants

by alanv 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• alanv
    alanv

As has been said recently by many in the know, the society are now targeting more and more immigrants who come to the USA. Sometimes helping them with the new language they need to learn. These individuals then think how wonderful these people are to take the time and trouble to teach them a language.

Little do they know what awaits them if they join the witnesses.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2012327460_jehovahswitnesses11m.html

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

bait and switch

oz

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

What they also do is get groups of 20-25 dubs in a local congregation and set them up with a class in the immigrant's language, even if there is only one immigrant that speaks that language attending the congregation meetings. This makes them feel really special and often pulls even more in. Before you know it your little town that you thought was all-American has JW congregations in not just English and Spanish but also Chinese, American Sign Language, and Swahili.

"What a loving multicultural arrangement from Jehovah!"

• blondie
    blondie

I have tutored immigrants in English. They want to get to know the community. In my case they had been sponsored by some church group but had no intentions of joining. Can some be using the WTS the same way? Could be? These people are cut off in many ways from their community, mostly due to language. Here so many people in general expect them to learn the language, not learn their language themselves. When my students find out a speak some of their language, they are more relaxed and confident. But then I'm not trying to change their religious beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit