Need to expand your cultural horizon? Socialize? Here's an interresting find

by teel 5 Replies latest social entertainment

• teel
    teel

Couchsurfing http://www.couchsurfing.org/

The idea is to help people get to know the world better, through a local's eye. There are hundreds of thousands of users all over the world, who have a couch free waiting just for you to occupy it, while you get to know his culture, his town in a much better way than any travel agent could show you. You can also offer your couch to other users.

Why is this good? Because we as JWs (just generalizing here, forgive me) have very little knowledge of the real world. I just read this thread: Bad Associations are the Best!! and thought how little do we actually know about 'worldlies'. Participating will most certainly help you expand your cultural horizon and learn to accept differences - invaluable for social retards like myself. Not to mention (almost) free vacation

I have just created a user on the site so far, haven't tried it out in fullest, but I think it's a very good idea. There are several layers of security if you are apprehensive, and reading some comments people most of the time have positive experience, with very small incidents of scam or such. Which also goes to prove just how bad those 'wordlies' really are.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Bookmarked

I might see you on my couch one day

Cheers

Chris

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Hey, any exjws passing through NE Ohio, I have a spare bedroom that's usually available unless I have out of town guests for the holidays, otherwise, you can have the couch. Give me a shout if you're ever in my neck of the woods.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Couchsurfing, this sounds familiar :-) thats what happened when my ex-gf and I would into a fight. but without the plane tickets

• chickpea
    chickpea

brilliant!!!

passing it on to the kids!

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I have had two girlfriends successfully utilize the site. They hosted and they stayed. They've made some lasting friendships.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit