Crazy Middle East

by Carmel 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

Living in this postage stamp of a country called Israel (actually Palistan) it amuses me that my fellow contrymen Jews and Arabs are at each others thoats when both the Bible and the Koran prophecy that the Jews will "return" to this piece of barren desert at the "time of the end". Anyone ever wonder for what reason? If it's in the Koran that the Jews will be brought back by the will of God then why are they contesting their presence here? King Feisel (sp?) wrote a letter in the early forties in which he welcomed the Jews of the diaspora back to their ancient land quoting the Koranic prophecy and alluding to the final consumation of peace among the "people of the book" meaning the Jews, Chistians and Muslims.

How is it that our friend Mr. Arafat can claim that the Jews never occupied Palistine when his own holy book proclaims their "return"?

Finally, for what purpose are the Jews to re-occupy this neck of the woods?

Anyone?

• Xandit
    Xandit

Arafat is only interested in what's good for Arafat. I'm sure he doesn't give two hoots for the Koran. Faisal could make some claims to being a religious man, never heard anything to indicate the same for Arafat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit