Anyone following the world cup 2010 soccer?

by dutchstef 3 Replies latest social entertainment

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

Who will play the final against the dutch orange lions?

Spain or germany?

I hope it will be Germany....

What do you think!

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

I am. Mostly it's just whatever few Euros we have and a few straying Americans like myself . I think Titus and burntheships are also following it. As much as I'd love to have a Deutchland vs Spain final to have a new champ. I think Germany will move on. Really hoping the Hollies win though. They've made it to 2 finals in the past but the cup keeps gettin snatched away from them. Goooooo Deutchland!!

Jedi Master

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

Why do you think Soccer isn't popular in the US.

It's the most popular sport in the rest of the world..

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

We're shallow....

I don't know, the US is just like that. Whatever the rest of the world does (metric system, celcius, soccer, kilos) we just have to do the opposite. The one thing I agree on with everyone else and probably the only thing I don't like about soccer is the whole referee/no-technology thing. I"ve seen way too many injustices happen. But get really excited and competitive (in a nice way) during this time. Having been a non-holiday-celebrating witness, soccer's always been sorta like my Xmas. The world cup comes around and it's a time for family and friends to get together and get loud and noisy and drink and eat. Good, times, good times.

Jedi Master

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit