Reinstating the Animal Sacrifices at the Mikdash

by MikeNightHaShev 0 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MikeNightHaShev
    MikeNightHaShev

>>I wanted to ask you about the sacrificing of animals in the temple if it's re-built.
    >>Are you of the sect that condones this stuff? Or are all Jews supportive of this behavior?

The proper treatment of animals was always a code practiced by Judaism, in the case of the holy sacrifices they were treated the same humane way they treat the animals when processed as food. Since the sacrifices were eaten then they were not any different then how we supply ourselves with meat.
    Some find this ancient ritual outdatted and unecessary however I see it for it's symbolism (which is why the tradition was supposed to remain since it gave us the story we needed to recognize within the practice).
    I am all for the sacrifices at the altar in it's symbolism but also it's use to bring community together and focused on Teshuva (repentance).
    You see back then the animal offered up symbolized something and was shared and eaten amongst the gatherers. They all brought the fruits of their harvests and offerings and they had a big pot of foods to share amongst each other, like a bring your own dish Barbeque much like you see how town folk gather to enjoy each others food and company in our day.
    So you see it's mans perception to frown apon things they do not know or understand but if you look at this with the proper perspective the gathering is actually something that conveys community, sharing, and pleasant interaction amongst neighbors while giving thanks to the creator for allowing them that blessing and abundance.
    I've never seen a bring your own dish party where the people weren't happy and pleasant towards one another.
    Something about man's love through his stomach that enriches the heart and spirit. : - )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit