Prince: How the rock legend turned his life around

by Dogpatch 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If you read further down on the article it reads ........

But the heat must've come on quick, because now George is backtracking and saying that he never really bedded his fellow pop star.

I'm guessing Boy George was envisioning sleeping with Princes since he is openly gay.

Prince isn't involved with the JWs anymore by the way or if very little.

Take a look at him now.

• steve2
    steve2

Who is ever surprised that "Superstars" seldom live up to their religious convictions? It simply shows the ease of spouting one thing, but doing another.

What is surprising, though, is Prince's slow slide back into the creative sexual excesses of the 1980s -and ne'er a word from jw.org.

Remember how Michael Jackson was given space to write an apology in the Awake magazine for his vampire-riddled Thriller video?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I didn't think Prince's introduction to the JWS would last very long, the JW cult is just too oppressive and controlling and as we know and they watch you closely when you become one.

Beside Prince's narcissistic ego tells him that people should be worshiping him not another deity like Jah.

A recent picture of him in performance ....

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I didn't think Prince's introduction to the JWS would last very long, the JW cult is just too oppressive - good point, Fink.

Also, Prince is extremely creative, so the controlling nature of the WT and slavish adherence to the GB probably impacts on him hard.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

He should have gone into Catholicism or Judaism they are far less controlling and liberal .

• Richard_I
    Richard_I

I think Prince is still a JW, in 2014 Anthony Anderson said "[Prince] cornered me at the elevator in his house one day, trying to convert me to be a Jehovah’s Witness" and I can't find it anymore but I recall someone else (Chris Rock I think) that said he still actively preaches to everyone he meets.

Also, since the monthly JW Broadcasting programme always has a music video in it,can you imagine Tony Morris saying, "And now we have a special music video - starring our dear Brother Prince!" ? Their viewership would go through the roof

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A couple of years ago perhaps but realistically do you think Prince could walk into a KH or assembly looking like the way he does or going out in service for that matter ???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit