I need your help for a text

by Motema Bolingo 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Motema Bolingo
    Motema Bolingo

I try to find the magazine (probably a WT) where it is clearly written that Jehovah's Witnesses have to believe the Bible as understood by the organization (or something similar).

I am French speaking, but with the English reference, I will be able to find the magazine in my own langage.

Thank you in advance for your help

Jacques

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Motema

I found this one quote that might be of help - not sure if it is the one you are looking for.

"Thus the Bible is an organizational book and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible. For this reason the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah's visible organization in mind." Watchtower 1967 October 1 p.587

I'll see if I can find any others for you.

All the best

Hopscotch

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

I just found this other one.

"We have the opportunity to show love for our brothers who take the lead in the congregation or in connection with Jehovah's visible organization worldwide. This includes being loyal to "the faithful and discreet slave." (Matthew 24:45-47) Let us face the fact that no matter how much Bible reading we have done, we would never have learned the truth on our own. We would not have discovered the truth regarding Jehovah, his purposes and attributes, the meaning and importance of his name, the Kingdom, Jesus' ransom, the difference between God's organization and Satan's, nor why God has permitted wickedness." Watchtower 1990 December 1 p.19

Hopscotch

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

And another

"All who want to understand the Bible should appreciate that the "greatly diversified wisdom of God" can become known only through Jehovah's channel of communication, the faithful and discreet slave" Watchtower 1994 October 1 p.8

Hopscotch

Ps - I think these quotes were in an article on the JWfacts website on the Faithful and Discreet Slave - it was one I saved a while ago so I'm not 100% sure.

• Scully
    Scully

***w86 4/1 p. 31 Questions From Readers***

Approved association with Jehovah’s Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs that are unique to Jehovah’s Witnesses.

• blondie
    blondie

"All who want to understand the Bible should appreciate that the "greatly diversified wisdom of God" can become known only through Jehovah's channel of communication, the faithful and discreet slave" Watchtower 1994 October 1 p.8

• pirata
    pirata

The Watchtower, August 1st, 2001 Issue, Page 14, Paragraph 8:

"First, since “oneness” is to be observed, a mature Christian must be in unity and full harmony with fellow believers as far as faith and knowledge are concerned. He does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and “the faithful and discreet slave.”

• Motema Bolingo
    Motema Bolingo

Thank you very much for the references.

Believe me, they will be very useful

Jacques

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit