I finally had witnesses knock on my door!!!!!

by myownlife 6 Replies latest jw friends

• myownlife
    myownlife

I keep missing them I guess.....but had a father/daughter tag team come to my door an hour ago. I loved it when I asked them about the 'new light' and why that keeps happening when the Bible has stayed the same...you could hear crickets....I also asked about the disfellowshipping/shunning thing and they said something about discipline...WHATEVER!

It's incredible that I was once one of them and was SO enthusiastic about the borg! I really felt sorry for them....today is really hot.....

• Think About It
    Think About It

That was a big step in your new life. Sounds like you handled it well.

Think About It

• laverite
    laverite

Myownlife- Great job! You never know, someone you talk to might start thinking someday!

• myownlife
    myownlife

Think About It.....thanks so much!

Laverite....I hope so! They couldn't refute anything and I could see some wheels turning.

I think I inspired my daughter....she wants to talk to them next time! Think I created a monster!!

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Well done to you

Loz x

• Scott77
    Scott77

myownlife

God job and well done.

• moshe
    moshe

The JW's love using their kids to help disarm the public. I mean, who wants to argue with them when kids are around? I have seen JW's with kids sitting in the back seat of a car doing their homeschool work while the moms are knocking on doors- they don't see it as child abuse, but it's really child misuse at the minimum. Engaging a JW in a talk about their feelings is really good, as they are all primed to debate Bible scriptures and false doctrines of christendom- not negative feelings about their religion they have buried. A lady "got me" by just asking me if I was happpy as a JW, after I said yes, she relied, "you need to stop lying"- she saw it in my face- the hesitation in my voice, I guess. I was bummed for the rest of the day. Good job m-o-l.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit