Jehovah's Witnesses, Narcissists?

by Momma-Tossed-Me 2 Replies latest jw friends

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

This morning when interacting with a witness it occurred to me that JW's may classify as Narcissists.

A few excerpts from site on the matter helped me to find my answer.

Here are a few pointers that may help you identify one:
    • Their lack of empathy colors everything they do. They may say, "How are you?" when you meet, but they are working from memory. They are not interested in how you are.
    • Virtually all of their ideas or ways of behaving in a given situation are taken from others, people they know and perhaps think of as an authority (mirroring).
    • Their sense of self-importance and lack of empathy means that they will often interrupt the conversations of others.
    • They expect others to do the day-to-day chores as they feel too important to waste their time on common things.
    • Listen for the constant use of "I", "me" and "my" when they talk.
    • They very rarely talk about their inner life, for example their memories and dreams.
    • They feel that the rules at work don't apply to them.
    • They will always cheat whenever they think they can get away with it.
    • If you share workload with them expect to do the lion's share yourself.
    • They love to delegate work or projects, then interfere by micro-managing it. If it goes well, they take the credit, if it goes badly they blame the person they delegated it to.
    • There tends to be higher levels of stress with people who work with or interact with a narcissist, which in turn increases absenteeism and staff turnover.
    • They get impatient and restless when the topic of discussion is about someone else, and not about them.

Being a part of a "bigger thing" is very gratifying narcissistically. Being a particle of God, being immersed in His grandeur, experiencing His power and blessings first hand, communing with him - are all Sources of unending Narcissistic Supply. The narcissist becomes God by observing His commandments, following His instructions, loving Him, obeying Him, succumbing to Him, merging with Him, communicating with Him - or even by defying him (the bigger the narcissist's enemy - the more grandiosely important the narcissist feels).

Like everything else in the narcissist's life, he mutates God into a kind of inverted narcissist. God becomes his dominant Source of Supply. He forms a personal relationship with this overwhelming and overpowering entity - in order to overwhelm and overpower others. He becomes God vicariously, by the proxy of his relationship with Him. He idealizes God, then devalues Him, then abuses Him. This is the classic narcissistic pattern and even God himself cannot escape it.

Websites visited:

http://www.winning-teams.com/recognizenarcissist.html

http://groups.google.com/group/narcissisticabuse/web/narcissists-and-religion

What do you think am I off my rocker????

• linp24
    linp24

No you are not off rocker.

I also had a recent interaction with them, and came to the same conclusion.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Quite right MTM , the apathetic awareness toward themselves and their brotherhood of convulsive fools

is overwhelming at times, thats really impart to the way they are programed by the WTS.

To complicate matters worse JWS are blindly arrogant and protective of the organization they belong to,

everything not associated with the JWS is evil, worthless and destructive to humanity in general, so no or little

respect is offered to other institutions or organizations. The Watchtower Society is a Narcissistic Society built on

procuring power for its own selfish needs and glory and its following adherents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit