My dad the elder is 90 and the brothers left him in charge!

by Champion 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Champion
    Champion

So I call my dad, who lives in FL and I live in CT, to see how he is doing. He sounds exhausted. I ask what's up, he informs me the brothers went on a vacation together and left him to open the hall, give a talk, etc..My dad is 90!!! So he has to DRIVE to the hall and take care of all the business. Now this is not for a day but 1 WEEK!!!!!I am literally afraid it's going to kill him. They are just such losers.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Do you know these other elders? Send a letter to the WT headquarters to site possible abuse of the elderly via your lawyer to investigate?

• wasblind
    wasblind

ahhh the love

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Maybe he should delegate the task of giving the talk to you. You can include stuff like Ray Franz,Pyramids, UN NGO etc in your talk. Will not be a standard talk for sure.

Bangalore

• designs
    designs

Bad businessmen, didn't these guys ever hear of delegating assignments and using assistants.

• dozy
    dozy

Don't forget this is a religion that gets 90 & even 100 year old men to run the whole show , so no surprise there.

Re designs comments , the problem in numerous congregations is that there just aren't the younger ones "reaching out". They are either too lazy or are 2nd / 3rd gen JWs who have seen the hassle that their fathers took & want no part of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit