A beginner's thanks...

by confliction 9 Replies latest jw friends

• confliction
    confliction

I know I only posted on the board 8 days ago- a little over a week.
    At the beginning of this week, I went from hopeless and depressed, feeling like I had no way out.

But throughout the course of 8 days, I have been shown kindness that I haven't seen in years.
    I have been reached out to in ways I didn't even know was possible.

In a little over 8 days, I went from feeling alone in a dark abyss of a world, to having an entire support group, that I know cares about me and understands me and exactly how I think and feel.

In one week, I have mustered up the courage to speak up to a friend who I have known for half my life, but was too afrait to tell about my doubts.
    I have come to realize that, he, too is planning to leave this organization- never telling me because of fear I would reject him- and likewise for me.

I just wanted to notify all who have helped, that you will not be forgotten- I would have never imagined this much support when I first submitted my account information one month ago, unsure about my entire life.

I don't know how else to put this, so I will put it rather frankly:

To the many here involved in assisting me to freedom (even ones who may not know me), Thank you. I appreciate you more than you may think, assuredly. :)

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hello Confliction!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I probably wasn't much help here lately, but I have seen and paid attention to all your posts, confliction.

Glad you are on the road to healing.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

You are going to do well on your own, I am certain. But it sure is nice to know that there are many in your own backyard as well as around the world who will be there for you. Let S help you. She is a good person who won't steer you wrong.

Edited to add: If she's not available, I'm only a phone call away. Can't wait to see what you do with your future!

• finding my way
    finding my way

Glad you're here. This site has helped me alot too. Keep coming here when you feel lost. For me it happens every few months that I need some support from people who get it.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Great to hear your friend has doubts to. A great project for you to do together is work yourselves through a few "must reads" such as Crisis of Conscience by former Governing Body member Raymond Franz. The URL below points you to a summary I have compilied of it and a few other goodies.

Such readings is really a must if you want full and proper closure and enough factual information to take a decision.

http://www.jehovahswitnessrecovery.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4992

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Glad you're feeling better...this forum is a good place

Loz x

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

Like FMW said: just keep coming when you need to vent, advice or just to ask any stupids questions. We all help each other out.

Jedi Master

• Think About It
    Think About It

Confliction.........your post was so cool.

Think About It

• Quandry
    Quandry

Confliction, welcome. I missed your introductory post.

I know that it has been hard, and depressing. Have patience and think things through. If you are still at home, discuss with your parents the need for education. Let them know that you need to be a self-sufficient person and that even though you are depressed and not up to talking (as out in service) to others you still need to go forward with your life. If there is a community college near you, start there. Explain your home-schooled situation (I saw JW kids that were home-schooled...for some it meant next to NO school). If you need to get a GED to start, they usually have programs that can prepare you for the test. Then they can help you get ready for college entrance tests. You sound like a very intelligent young person...YOU CAN DO IT!

I was "in" for over thirty years. One thing wanted during this time was to get an education, but of course, that wouldn't be setting a proper example. Well, I started working in a school. I was encouraging children to learn...telling them how wonderful it is to investigate..to have questions about the world around them answered...to know how we've come to be in this country and what life was like for the ones who came before us. I decided to go back to school. I must work full time so it is a loooooong road. At this time I am 58 years old. I had to go for remedial classes in Math before I could take Algebra, but I've kept at it. I still have some time to go, but have taken courses in Psychology, Biology, History, Geography, Geology, English Literature and more. I have enjoyed every minute (well-except for the Math).

Knowledge is freeing.

Put everything on the back burner for now except the education. Once you start learning critical thinking skills, the depression will subside as you feel a great sense of accomplishment. You will meet more people, you will be busy...very busy....and you will be better equiped to handle decisions about "getting out."

Wishing you the best!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit