Biblical Creation vs Darwinism vs Young Earth "Creationism" - "Remain Close to Jehovah"

by losthusband 7 Replies latest jw friends

• losthusband
    losthusband

Don't know if anyone has seen this......

Biblical Creation vs Darwinism vs Young Earth "Creationism" - "Remain Close to Jehovah" - YouTube video posted by a JW from the recent convention.

It might just be me, but in the middle section does the guy say that JWs should seek out knowledge. and then say that Jehovah has given them all the knowledge they need in Awake magazines.

Not much seeking required there.....try going to library......ooops forgot... they would find out the real truth then!!

• Altar ego
    Altar ego

Towards the middle section of the speach, I just vomited a little bit in my mouth; couldn't hold it in any longer.

It is way too easy to put the emphasis on "we claim the Earth was formed millions/billions of years ago", unlike some creationists who are obviously WRONG.

What dubs will NOT HEAR is to seek knowleadge at the library and on the Internet, and find "evidence" that humankind was created only 6000 years ago, while solid scientific evidence easily proves, without the shadow of a doubt, that humans have been around for well over 50,000 years. I am being conservative.

6,000 years....what a joke......when is the "new light" coming out???

• designs
    designs

Hey we were told the Awake was equal to a 4 year college degree.....................

• superpunk
    superpunk

They appear to look down on the YECs. I've had several JWs who I've talked to about evolution recently, when I refer to JWs as "Creationists", declare "We aren't Creationists, Creationists are dumb and believe that the earth was actually created 6,000 years ago LOL @ Creationists" - at which point I have to explain that is a straw man invented by the WTS, and not ALL Creationists are YECs, just as not all people who accept evolution subscribe to punctuated equilibrium. Then their eyes kind of glaze over and they're like "Yeah but the WTS says we're not creationists".

It's tough to have a conversation with people when you're not even speaking the same language.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    It's tough to have a conversation with people when you're not even speaking the same language.

Especially when the people you are talking to actually made up their own language.

Did this assembly part explain how the holy spirit somehow directed them to drop their long-held 7,000 year creative days post 1975?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

*sigh*

They are like people that believe the Earth is flat.

I'm fortunate that I never had an assignment on the subject.

BTS

• superpunk
    superpunk

Especially when the people you are talking to actually made up their own language.

I think you're referring to The Pure Language, dude. Show some respect. ;-)

(also please tell me how to do the quote thing. I think people have told me before but I always forget)

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I'm fortunate that I never had an assignment on the subject.

Me too - at least I cannot remember ever having one. The 7,000 year creative days, man's creation at around 4000BC, lame excuses for animals being obviously designed as predators, and so on were core JW teachings that I never, ever, believed.

I guess I just lived with this by telling myself that someone at Bethel might eventually read a beginning science book and change it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit