Question about Bethel post 1980

by wannabefree 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Since I have finished reading CoC as well articles from Randy during the purge at Bethel around 1980, I was wondering what kind of changes were made if any to try and prevent such independent thinking or study ...

Also, I can't help but wonder if the organization makes GB members and/or others sign some kind of non-disclosure agreements to prevent repeats of tell alls from Bethelites and higher-ups.

Any thoughts or information about this?

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

anybody?

• baltar447
    baltar447

anyone? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

• yknot
    yknot
    I was wondering what kind of changes were made if any to try and prevent such independent thinking or study ...

I can share the R&F one I got 'smacked' around with as a child.....

Jan 15, 1983 articles:

Exposing the Devil’s Subtle Designs
    Armed for the Fight Against Wicked Spirits

I was 9, it was what solidified of my reformist status until I stumbled onto JWN (JWD)

(shudders in horror realizing how close I was to a nervous breakdown and used reformation as a coping avenue at that age because of this crap!)

• yknot
    yknot
    Also, I can't help but wonder if the organization makes GB members and/or others sign some kind of non-disclosure agreements to prevent repeats of tell alls from Bethelites and higher-ups. Any thoughts or information about this?'

It would be logical after Ray wrote his book....

The question would be at what level since suggesting so could rouse suspicion and doubt.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Read all of the WT's and KM's, at that point, they had MAJOR MAJOR changes about disfellowshipping, WHO can be dfed, and how they are to be treated. As deserving of death. AND anybody who associates or even says hello to one is to be DFed too. It was a GRAND SCHEME OF TWISTING SCRIPTURES.

The basic pattern you'll see is this.....................First scriptures about those who were doing fornication WORSE then even the nations, and who 'call' themselves a brother but PRACTICE those things. (clearly somebody who had no intention to change the big sins bible condemns), they use those scriptures to say that disfellowshipping must be done. And is scriptual.

THEN they use the scripture on those who are weak or sick, to go to the older men, so they may pray and grease their head and get healing. (That is CLEARLY those who know they have a problem, who are NOT wanting to practice it, who ARE obviosly repentant, they are to try to build them up) BUT they use that as an excuse to JUDGE anybody who does anything.

THEN they go on some scriptures about those who deviate from the truth, or cause divisions. (This is from the BIBLE and GOD'S TRUTH), but they use that as anything against the WT doctrine.

THEN they also show scriptures about those who did adultry in the OLD testament being stoned to death.

THEN there is the scripture about not even eating or giving a greeting to the ones who are purposely and unrestrictively doing the above mentioned)

So we have 5 completely different issues here, but they twist and turn them into one overall part. From those things, the message and twist happens this way.........

In the bible, the early christians did disfellowshipping. See how this guy who committed fornication was cast out. Then given counsel not to even eat or talk with such a person. In ancient times, they not only ignored them, but as you can see, they would stone them to death. But EVIDENTLY satans law did not allow that, so they just treated them as they were dead. We need to uphold Jehovah's righteousness, so we must also do that. Now when somebody commits a serious sin, as you see in this scripture, they must go to the older men to pray for spiritual healing. So obviously, they had a judical committee back then. If they are repentant enough, then they get some counsel. Sometimes they need to be removed from the congregation for awhile to get better healing. Now the elders, even though not all annointed, pray for holy spirit. They do this before making any judgements. So one can view this counsel and decision as not from men, but from JEhovah himself. If one is out of the congregation, then Jehovah views them as spiritually dead, and if they are brought back, then they have his acceptance again. While one is out, they are guilty of being non repenant and gross sinners, so one must avoid any association or talk with them. The bible says not even EATING OR SAYING A GREETING to such a one. And here is a scripture that says something about sharing in their sin if your with them. So EVIDENTLY, if one was to say hello, they would be guilty of what that person was guilty of, and also have to be disfellowshipped. So, ALL who are disfellowshipped, are guilty of either gross sin, or apostacy against Jehovah himself, because it's proven this is his earthly organization and any against any part of it, are against Jehovah himself. On top of all of this, if somebody was to disassociate himself, he would be also guilty of apostacy, since this is definitely Jehovah's truth, and any disagreeing with us, are disagreeing with him and trying to show an indepedant spirit for not taking our word on what the bible says.

Now, Ray Franz, was not agreeing and trying to cause division within the society. But we didn't have any articles on that, and since he could expose us, we are devoting a year to these articles. We know he is speaking to a ex brother who also did not agree with us, and since he disassocaited himself, we can play with some scriptures to show that speaking with a disassociated one is also able to be disfellowshipped. Since we know have everyone brainwashed into thinking ANYBODY disfellowshipped, is tto be treated as the one in the bible who willingly is wanting to PRACTICE gross sin, even worse then among nations.....since Ray Franz isn't going along with us anymore, we can have him treated the same way for thinking people should read the bible and let God influence them more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit