Just witnessed this...

by MrFreeze 9 Replies latest jw experiences

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I just witnessed my mother and step father put the end to a friendship my 9 year old sister had with a "worldly" person. It was heartbreaking. This is someone she has been friends with for a few years and all of a sudden it's a problem now? This girl she was friends with is a good kid. She actually invites her along to activities unlike her so-called friends at the KH who routinely forget to include her on fun activities. They used some really stupid logic too. One example she used was of a neighbor friend my mom was studying with, her husband found out and flipped out, now she's not allowed to talk with my mother about the Bible. So she said now she doesn't hang out with her anymore and that the husband was wrong for flipping out on her. Woah, wait a second. Isn't that exactly what my mom did? Refusing to allow association with this person based on religion. Except he was more lenient because he only cared if they talked religion. It just irritates me sometimes. How many times do people lose friends that care more about them outside of the "Truth" than in the KH? Ugh, it just boils my blood.

• thraxer68
    thraxer68

Yikes, that sounds rough. It seems to me that alot of the times Witnesses wield the sword wrecklessly as opposed to wielding it skillfully. In that process alot of damage is done to both people. Someone I know completely broke a friends heart when he decided to have zero contact with her whatsoever. They had been close friends for 8 or 9 years and then in an instant, he told her he was not going to have anything at all to do with her, she was absolutely devastated and that just broke her heart into pieces but its okay because its all in the name of righteousness, right?.......

• bohm
    bohm

i bet jehovah and jesus high-fived each other when that friendship ended.

its such a special time the first time you get to make your kid suffer from your religious fanatism..

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Just yesterday, I was very disappointed and sad when a coworker that I worked with for all of 4 months moved out of town, to the other side of the country. It was someone I got really close to and she is just an awesome person (no nothing sexual, she was just a great friend). That was someone I only knew for 4 months. I can't imagine losing a friend I've had for years. Oh wait, that's right I've had that happen to, all because of the WT. Then again at least with my coworker friend, there is a good chance I'll actually get to hang out with them again.

• bohm
    bohm

And you dont get to worry your friend is going to get zapped by jehovah.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I just hope that she hadn't done any psychological damage to her friend before this happened.

Worldlys are not in the habit of protecting their children against cultic influences, naively thinking that cults only target other people's children.

Chris

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

What a horrible and heartless cult. These fools really think we're SO CLOSE to the end that it's beyond funny, beyond absurd, it's evil.

One of the things that helped my wife see the cult for what it is was when on a "shepherding call" the elders told us to stop letting our kid play with neighbor kids.

This cult sucks.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

MrFreeze, this will probably be something your sister will remember forever, so hopefully as she gets older this will be something that will show to her that the Witnesses don’t have the love that Jesus spoke about. Although it’s heartbreaking now, it will probably be something that prevents her from being sucked into the cult.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

I can sympathise with you on this. When my parents became witnesses I was about 3, so dad particularly was very 'zealous' and over the top, as many new ones tend to be. I wasn't allowed 'worldly' friends at all. Only at school. Yet I had no association within the congregation as they were all old folk. By the time my sister came around, my parents had relaxed the rules a little, and as she had no friends in the congregation, they let her keep her worldly school friend. She even got to go to sleep overs etc which was out of the question when I was that age. My sister kept this friend well into her late teens til they went their separate ways. I still feel a little sad over not being able to keep my worldly school friends, as they were nicer than the JW's at the hall!

• CandleSurgeon
    CandleSurgeon

That really sucks MrFreeze. I had so many potential close friends from school, but I was never allowed to see them outside of school. It was such a sham!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit