Other Life

by Angharad 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Angharad
    Angharad

Sorry if this topic has already been posted.

Looking at size of the universe I cannot belive that we are the only life in it. Why would God create this enormous universe and then only use one minute planet?

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Edited by - angharad on 2 January 2001 10:13:29

• RR
    RR

Could it be that we were the first, and not wanting a repeat of sin, he is using us as a model and sample for future life on other planets to learn from?

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• claudia
    claudia

I believe there may quite possibly be other life out there. Theres no proof we are the only ones. Angharad, I am curious as to your name, what nationality is it? thanks,

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

It seems unlikely that with the enormous number of solar systems and planets in the universe that there would be no other planet with life forms of one sort or another.

Even if one totally accepts the Biblical view of creation, Jehovah's cessation of creative acts with regard to the Earth would not preclude His creative efforts in other venues.

• ianao
    ianao

Not to try to take over a thread or anything (hah hah)

But, what do you all think about the discovery of fossilized bacteria discovered on Mars, and the existance of ICE on the planet (e.g. water at an earlier age)?

Seems highly likely with the canyons and dried up riverbeds on Mars that it may have once supported carbon based life (as we are).

What kind of slant does that put on the Bible?

Just curious to know some opinions...

-ianao

Edited by - ianao on 2 January 2001 17:4:45

• logical
    logical

maybe they repopulated the earth when they destroyed Mars's natural habitat, maybe we are martians. Theyve found ice on moons of Jupiter, and suspect theres an ocean underneath it. Just because water exists there doesnt mean theres life there.

I dont think that it matters either way, everything was still created. Jehovah is still God.

I too think that we are the prototype. It just went wrong when Satan wanted it all, but with him out of the way, then there will be countless inhabited paradisiac planets, and who knows, we might even travel amongst them all, after all, we will have all eternity.

• ianao
    ianao

Sorry logical, not to be knitpicky...

Theyve found ice on moons of Jupiter, and suspect theres an ocean underneath it. Just because water exists there doesnt mean theres life there.

This is indeed true, but please note that Mars has fossilised BACTERIA (e.g. a form of life (once)) We have found similar bacteria here on Earth. Not only the water, but the once living. That was my point. I know water doesn't mean life.

-ianao

• Xandit
    Xandit

I know Tars Tarkas is out there somewhere.

It doesn't make any sense to me for the rest of the physical universe to be empty. Why should this one planet circling a relatively minor star stuck out on the spiral arm of a modest galaxy be it. The armadas of the Mule could sweep in any minute. That'd give the boys in Patterson something to talk about.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Claudia - My name is Welsh and means my love.

A lot of people have trouble pronouncing it including Simon, so he just calls me AngryHead.

Seems highly likely with the canyons and dried up riverbeds on Mars that it may have once supported carbon based life (as we are).

I agree and I think that if there is proof of bacteria, we can't dismiss the possibility of other lifeforms on other planets.

• thinker
    thinker

(This is Thinkers Wife)
    I have always thought this to be a possibility.
    I don't think there is anything wrong with us. We may just be a newer life form.
    Since I have started questioning, the thought has crossed my mind that this could be a possible explanation for the "paranormal" occurences around us.
    TW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit