Am I wrong?

by confliction 6 Replies latest jw friends

• confliction
    confliction

I was just mulling over this in my head- no real research, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Supposedly, 'we' get our information from the GB, correct?

And Jesus is head of said GB?

So the GB gets their commands only from Jesus, correct?

But the GB receives informations and is communicated to by the Holy Spirit (at least, I'm assuming).

And the Holy Spirit is an active force only possessed by Jehovah... his "influence" so to speak, right?

So if this is true, then they can't be getting commands from Jesus as assumed, because he doesn't actually "have" the holy spirit, right?

Again, It's waaay past midnight and this probably sounds like total tripe, so go ahead and have at it. But please, be nice though

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Lol ...yea it sounds a bit convobobuluted to me too, sorry

Loz x

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

You lost me at "Hello.".........

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome confliction!

Indeed, the words of the WT are in directly conflict those of the bible.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and the Spirit of Jesus, they are each synonymous, see here for example.

Romans 8:9-11 (New International Version)

9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness. 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.

Blessings,

Stephen

• wobble
    wobble

"I am the Way, the TRUTH, and the Life" said Jesus, neither Him nor God the Father can tell a lie, so with all the past, and present errors, the G.B must be listening to a Lying Spirit.

• not a captive
    not a captive

Conflicton,

Actually you opened the door on a subject that split the early Christian church--Google "filioque" and you will see what I mean.

Apparently the subject of how and from whom the Holy Spirit proceeds has been debated for centuries: is it through the Father and the Son or is it from the Father through the Son?

Try not to lose sleep over it!

Maeve

• designs
    designs

Maeve-

Nice to have someone reference the 'filioque' argument. Theology is a silly science, groups who won't speak to each other for centuries over 'interpretations' or worse yet swing the (H) word, 'heresy', around for their own ego satisfaction.

And I love the Fundamentalist poking the JW interpretations.

Does a Hog Farm smell better than a Dairy Farm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit