What constituted the Trampling on Jerusalem?

by wannabe 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabe
    wannabe

What constituted the Trampling on Jerusalem?

I do not believe, the Appointed Times of the Nations began running in 607 BCE! Nor do I believe they ran for a period of 2,520 years ending in 1914! That is an interpretation set forward by a False Prophet who themselves have established a record of 130 years of failed predictions and false prophecies, and because of that record alone, needs to be examined more thoroughly, with the warning of the Apostle John in mind; which warning was: "Do not believe every inspired expression, but test the inspired expressions to see whether they originate with God, because many false prophets have gone forth into the World. {1 John 4:1}

Examine thoroughly the Words of Luke here, before we go taking anyones word for anything:

24"They will fall by the sword and will be taken as prisoners to all the nations. Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled." {Luke 21:24 NIV}

From Lukes words I would pick up, that those appointed times were already in progress when he said what he did. "Until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled." Would seem to me to be running when he said that. The Bible actually points to that as a fact.

My dictionary defines this word fulfilled as: "To bring to an end: Complete- We know Jesus fulfilled the Mosaic Law, and by establishing the New Covenant by virtue of his precious Blood, ended the old Law Covenant. So from that we learn when the Gentile Times end, all of the existing Nations that are on this earth now, will be wiped from the face of this earth, leaving not a trace of any one of them. Will be just as gone as the old law is.

The Prophet Daniel foretold that huge event. When all the Nations are wiped from this earth. So my statement is solidly based by the scriptures, as you will see from the following:35 "Then the iron, the clay, the bronze, the silver and the gold were broken to pieces at the same time and became like chaff on a threshing floor in the summer. The wind swept them away without leaving a trace. But the rock that struck the statue became a huge mountain and filled the whole earth." {Daniel 2:35 NIV}

With this foretold World Destruction the Gentile Times will end. God's Kingdom will be firmly established. Controling then the entire earth. So, we tested and learned what fulfilled means, in this case. Anyone who doubts that read Zephanaih 1:14-18 and become a believer in quick time. Now! Would anyone be able to supply us a date for this major event? The Governing Body believes they can. Oh! Really? They know the 'day and hour' that not even Jesus knows? {Matthew 24:36}

Lets do some testing of this Word trampling now, and see what we can come up with. I wonder what connotation that word has?

tram·ple tram·pled, tram·pling, tram·ples

To beat down with the feet so as to crush, bruise, or destroy; tramp on. 2. To treat harshly or ruthlessly: would trample anyone who got in their way. To tread heavily or destructively: trampling on the flowers. 2.To inflict injury as if by treading heavily: "trampling on the feelings of those about you" (Thornton

Does the Bible supply any evidence where this trampling might have been foretold; where Jehovah's Worshippers would be treated harshly and ruthlessly having personal injuries inflicted upon them? Jesus himself showed us the truth of this brutal treatment in Matthew 23:33-36 where great persecution was heaped on the faithful Prophets during the days of the Israelite Nation. Even down to his own day when they murdered him and Stoned Stephen to death. 1 Kings 19:10,14} {2 Chronicles 36:15,16} We know for a Certainty that Jesus and Stephen pictured Heavenly New Jerusalem; because Jesus was ruling King of Heavenly New Jerusalem, while Stephen was an associate King Priest to rule with him.

Notice why this violent hatred towards Jehovah's ancient Prophets the Christ, and his anointed Brothers, and the seed of the Heavenly Woman today: The trampling on Jerusalem, the hatred, and abuse, can be explained away, by this following scripture:

15" I will put hostility between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed. He will strike your head, and you will strike his heel." {Genesis 3:15 HCSB}

All down through the Centuries this hatred or enmity has gone on between the two seeds; satan's seed, has persecuted and murdered Jehovah's Prophets, right up until the time of Christ, and was foretold to carry it forward to our own day. It will come to a final end at Armageddon . It began with the murder of Able, by Cain, the seed of satan the devil. No one knows the date it all began! No one knows how long it has run. No one knows when it will end. {Matthew 24:9} {Revelation 12:4,13,17}

Read the account in Hebrews 11 about exactly what Jehovah's ancient People were put through; they experienced a trampling beyond belief. Can you imagine yourself being held down on a table and literally sawn in half? Or being hacked to death with a Sword? Or you name the method of murder satan could devise. We probably do not know the half of it. Maybe never will.

What those ancient people were put through, although you may not have zeroed in on this yet, was the great tribulation John's account tells us the great unnumbered crowd comes from. They were the great crowd standing before the Throne, with palm branches in their hands. They all came out of the resurrection. Where else could you get an unnumbered crowd from? Certainly never from a numbered populated earth.

We must face the facts! There is only one Jerusalem left now that could possibly experience any trampling. That is the one, that came into being because of the established New Covenant. That one was Heavenly Mount Zion. Heavenly New Jerusalem, the Jerusalem above, the City of the Living God. Ancient Jerusalem has no more bearing on anything. You cannot count from 607 BCE 2,520 years until New Jerusalem was restored, because it was not restored in 1914. Nor was it destroyed in 607 BCE. To this day, it is not restored. Will not be until the Christ does actually come into Kingdom Power, and wipes these trampling Nations from the face of this earth. When that very large momentous event occurs, the Trampling on New Jerusalem will at last end. Those Gentile Times are still in progress. Did not end in 1914. Did not run for a period of 2,520 years. You don't believe me? Then believe these following scriptures that tell you about the changeover, from earthly to heavenly. {Hebrews 12: 18-24} {Revelation 3:12;21:2,10} {Galatians 4:26}

While it's true Jehovah's Line of earthly Kings that sat on his Throne at Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BCE and it did run for a period of 2,520 years landing in the year 1914 as believed, but what event was it that actually occured in that year? Was it the end of something, such as the appointed times of the Nations, or rather was it the beginning of something? What does the scriptural evidence point to as to what actually occured? My feelings are, this seven time prophecy in Daniel Chapter four did not at all signify the end of the appointed Times of the Nations. My belief is, Luke was not making reference to that in Luke 21:24. Recall Daniel's Prophecy had to do with the loss and restoration of two Kingdoms. King Nebuchadnezzer lost his earthly Kingdom until seven times had passed over him. When the seven times as it applied to King Nebuchadnezzer ended, his Kingdom was restored to him. But Jehovah's Kingship that would be restored was not earthly, it was a heavenly Kingship; where earthly Jerusalem would be replaced by Heavenly New Jerusalem. Note the folowing, and pay close arttetion to this prophecy, it is very revealing:

"And as for you, O deadly wounded, wicked chieftain of Israel, whose day has come in the time of the error of [the] end, 26 this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, ‘Remove the turban, and lift off the crown. This will not be the same. Put on high even what is low, and bring low even the high one. 27 A ruin, a ruin, a ruin I shall make it. As for this also, it will certainly become no [one’s] until he comes who has the legal right, and I must give [it] to him.’

Jehovah is here telling us, in so many words, that when his Kingship was restored, it would not be an earthly kingdom anymore, but a Heavenly Kingdom. It would as it says, not be the same. The one with the legal right was the King designate of God's KIngdom, and when restored it would now be Heavenly New Jerusalem, the Jerusalem above, the City of the living God. Now earthly Mount Zion had changed, to Heavenly Mount Zion.

So the Trampling on Jerusalem, could not have been Heavenly New Jerusalem, because it wasn't in existence in 607 BCE. for one thing.The New covenant was not inuagerated until 29 ce. When the Christ was Baptized by John, but even then almost two thousands years would pass until it actualy came into power. Then too, it must be considered that Luke was a future ruling king priest of Heavenly New Jerusalem, the Jerusalem above which is where his focus would have been, and Luke would have known that trampling would go on until the time the Christ took his ruling authority as King of God's Kingdom. Until that event occured the Gentile Nations would be put on high, while Jehovah's Throne City would be brought low. Raised on high once again when the Lowliest one of Mankind took over the reigns of Power. The Appointed times of the Nations would continue until the lowliest one of Mankind took Kingdom power. We await that marvelous event now, as the appointed times of the Nations still continue to this day, because the lowiest one of Mankind did not take the reigns of Kingdom power in the year 1914, as taught by the Governing Body of Jehovah`s Witnesses. That is just one other false prophecy to add to the long list of many others they have made. Getting to be old Hat!" By now we all should be quite used to their foolish blunders. I wonder if they were just born dumb, or are they just practicing?

But as regards God's Kingdom that Prophecy must have had some significance, landing on 1914 as it did. Yes! It did! Let me point out what that was, and it wasn't the Christ exercising his ruling authority as reigning King. As the Governing Body teaches it was. Would you believe another Watchtower Blunder? Believe it! It was, and still is.

Tie this following scripture in with the sign of the coming of Christ into Kingdom power, and in your mind picture all the events Jesus foretold would be occuring just prior to his Coming.

Think about a Woman going through actual Labor pains of Birth; how they increase and intensify until the Child is Berthed. Now think about all of the sign Jesus gave of his coming. A time of increasing World distress and trouble, slowly developing into the time of this Worlds greatest peril; so great it would have to be cut short to save the lives of the chosen ones. Recall now these words of Jesus:

"Now learn from the fig tree as an illustration this point: Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and it puts forth leaves, YOU know that summer is near. 33 Likewise also YOU, when YOU see all these things, know that he is near at the doors. 34 Truly I say to YOU that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." {Matthew 24:32-34 NWT}

Don't miss the point Jesus as drawing out here, he tells us that even when the entire sign of his coming was seen in evidence, he would only be NEAR but not here as yet. This point shows us the Governing Body is wrong again, because Jesus could not have been invisibly present as crowned King in 1914 at all. Are we to believe Jesus was laying a little track on us? Absolutely not, but the Governing Body sure as Hell is, and not a little, one Hell of a Whole lot of track.

All of those events are birth pangs of the Kingdom, or as they occur labor pains of Jehovah's Pregnant Woman who began manifesting those labor pains in the year 1914- Note John's words:

1 "Then I witnessed in heaven an event of great significance. I saw a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon beneath her feet, and a crown of twelve stars on her head. 2 She was pregnant, and she cried out because of her labor pains and the agony of giving birth." {Revelatiion 12:1 NWT}

What were those labor pains? They were Wars and Rumors of Wars, earthquakes, famine disease, plagues, pestilence, increasing of lawlessness. Matthew 24- Mark 13- Luke 21 -

So Daniel's seven time prophecy pointed to the birth of God's long awaited Kingdom. But not the appointed times of the Nations. That notion is from the mind of a false Prophet.

John has just told you what Daniels seven time propecy landed on. It was the beginning of the Birth of God's Kingdom, not the end of anything as in Appointed Times of the Nations. That sign is still going on now, how far along that pregnant Heavenly Woman is, I'm not prepared to say; reason being, I don't know. What we do know, is we're somewhere close; how close? I don't know that either. All we can do, is keep a close eye on the sign; as it devolpes in intensity should at least give us some idea; but my feeling is, it will probably reach a point of intensity so great that we'll all know, we're right at the doorstep of the Kingdom. We'll never know the exact Day or Hour, but maybe we will not need to know that anyway. Why would we? Would it make any difference even if we did? Might just make matters worse.Wannabe

• Think About It
    Think About It

"Trampling" of Jerusalem was a mistranslation. It was "trampoline" of Jerusalem and it was a place where this guy made money letting people bounce on his home made trampoline.

Think About It

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Here's a question for you: who was Jesus grandfather? Luke 3:23, Matthew 1:16

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

This should answer your questions about the Jews and who they are. It has NOTHING to do with the Watchtower. Sorry don't know how to do a hyperlink on this site.

http://www.kryon.com/k_chaneltoronto06.html

Prodigal Son

• BANE
    BANE

Trashuman, Quite a SHORT memory we have don´t we? You know when you clowns got baptized the org GAVE YOU FOR FREE these books you see....One of them was called the Insight book.

So down below here is your answer. How´s that smarty pants?

Why

do the genealogies of Jesus Christ as given by Matthew and by Luke

differ?

The difference in nearly all the names in Luke’s genealogy of Jesus as compared with Matthew’s is quickly resolved in the fact that Luke traced the line through David’s son Nathan, instead of Solomon as did Matthew. (Lu 3:31; Mt 1:6, 7) Luke evidently follows the ancestry of Mary, thus showing Jesus’ natural descent from David, while Matthew shows Jesus’ legal right to the throne of David by descent from Solomon through Joseph, who was legally Jesus’ father. Both Matthew and Luke signify that Joseph was not Jesus’ actual father but only his adoptive father, giving him legal right. Matthew departs from the style used throughout his genealogy when he comes to Jesus, saying: “Jacob became father to Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom Jesus was born, who is called Christ.” (Mt 1:16) Notice that he does not say ‘Joseph became father to Jesus’ but that he was “the husband of Mary, of whom Jesus was born.” Luke is even more pointed when, after showing earlier that Jesus was actually the Son of God by Mary (Lu 1:32-35), he says: “Jesus . . . being the son, as the opinion was, of Joseph, son of Heli.”—Lu 3:23.

Since Jesus was not the natural son of Joseph but was the Son of God, Luke’s genealogy of Jesus would prove that he was, by human birth, a son of David through his natural mother Mary. Regarding the genealogies of Jesus given by Matthew and by Luke, Frederic Louis Godet wrote: “This study of the text in detail leads us in this way to admit—1. That the genealogical register of Luke is that of Heli, the grandfather of Jesus; 2. That, this affiliation of Jesus by Heli being expressly opposed to His affiliation by Joseph, the document which he has preserved for us can be nothing else in his view than the genealogy of Jesus through Mary. But why does not Luke name Mary, and why pass immediately from Jesus to His grandfather? Ancient sentiment did not comport with the mention of the mother as the genealogical link. Among the Greeks a man was the son of his father, not of his mother; and among the Jews the adage was: ‘Genusmatrisnonvocaturgenus [“The descendant of the mother is not called (her) descendant”]’ (‘Baba bathra,’ 110, a).”—CommentaryonLuke, 1981, p. 129.

Actually each genealogy (Matthew’s table and Luke’s) shows descent from David, through Solomon and through Nathan. (Mt 1:6; Lu 3:31) In examining the lists of Matthew and Luke, we find that after diverging at Solomon and Nathan, they come together again in two persons, Shealtiel and Zerubbabel. This can be explained in the following way: Shealtiel was the son of Jeconiah; perhaps by marriage to the daughter of Neri he became Neri’s son-in-law, thus being called the “son of Neri.” It is possible as well that Neri had no sons, so that Shealtiel was counted as his “son” for that reason also. Zerubbabel, who was likely the actual son of Pedaiah, was legally reckoned as the son of Shealtiel, as stated earlier.—Compare Mt 1:12; Lu 3:27; 1Ch 3:17-19.

Then the accounts indicate that Zerubbabel had two sons, Rhesa and Abiud, the lines diverging again at this point. (These could have been, not actual sons, but descendants, or one, at least, could have been a son-in-law. Compare 1Ch 3:19.) (Lu 3:27; Mt 1:13) Both Matthew’s and Luke’s genealogies of Jesus vary here from that found in 1 Chronicles chapter 3. This may be because a number of names were purposely left out by Matthew and possibly also by Luke. But the fact should be kept in mind that such differences in the genealogical lists of Matthew and Luke are very likely those already present in the genealogical registers then in use and fully accepted by the Jews and were not changes made by Matthew and Luke.

We may conclude, therefore, that the two lists of Matthew and Luke fuse together the two truths, namely, (1) that Jesus was actually the Son of God and the natural heir to the Kingdom by miraculous birth through the virgin girl Mary, of David’s line, and (2) that Jesus was also the legal heir in the male line of descent from David and Solomon through his adoptive father Joseph. (Lu 1:32, 35; Ro 1:1-4) If there was any accusation made by hostile Jews that Jesus’ birth was illegitimate, the fact that Joseph, aware of the circumstances, married Mary and gave her the protection of his good name and royal lineage refutes such slander.

Edit: Then if you are a sun worshipper Trashuman....WHY ask such a DUMB question about Jesus heritage if you don´t even believe the Bible. Go sit in the sun some more and bake tonto.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I'm a sun worshipper anyway, so I don't care. As long as the sun comes up, I have no problems.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit