I'm Going To The Watchtower Headquaters Next Week And I Have A Question

by Blue Grass 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Blue Grass
    Blue Grass

Next week I plan on going to New York to get a Songbook in a foreign language for a district convention that I will be attending next month. I'm first going to go to Bethel and get directions to the Headquarters where they keep all their literature because I can't find it on Google Maps. My first question is will they let me in to get directions or literature if I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Also will I have to present some type of proof that I'm a JW or do they give literature to anyone who request it?

Blue Grass

• designs
    designs

If you start levitating in the Lobby let us know, its one of the new perks.

• alanv
    alanv

I'm sure they will let you in. As a JW they would expect you to obey their spiritual direction that you should dress up. However I don't believe they will make an issue of it. Let us know how you got on.

I imagine providing you make a donation to the WT for any literature you take, they couldn't care less if you are a witness or not.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

DOnt wear jeans and tee if you want to get anywhere. If I remember correctly the 30 bldg had a ton of lit in foriegn language.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Are you happy as a JW? Or are you just going to a convention for other reasons?

If you are a committed Jw, you need to follow the rules. If you are not, or just don't care about the rules anymore, tell them you are a visiting 'study' and they will drool at the mouth to 'place' lit with you.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit