Atheism

by Jonathan Drake 43 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

@villageIdiot & Marvin - That is why I said "any god that is worshipped today". Nobody worships the god of deism.

Deism is the ultimate god-of-the-gaps that can be dismissed with a quick swipe of Occam's Razor.

• cofty
    cofty

Marvin - Theists make extravagant claims about their god. We can prove they are all wrong.

It is nothing at all like the relationship between you and the bugs in your colon.

• Onager
    Onager

"From a logical perspective lack of evidence means no more than lack of evidence. To say that lack of evidence means anything more is fallacy."

And *that* means that Jehovah, Cthulhu and Harry Potter have equal existential validity.

That means quite a lot ...

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

This is precisely why i worship Thor. We see his lightning. We hear his thunder. Ergo he is real.

Happy Thorday, btw.

Satire of course but its more logical and has more evidance than worshipping the desert god of ancient nomadic semites.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin - Theists make extravagant claims about their god. We can prove they are all wrong.
    It is nothing at all like the relationship between you and the bugs in your colon.

I have not suggested one is similar to the other. What I said was to address broad statements asserting logical operations.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Openly Secular Day approaches (Apr 23): http://www.openlysecular.org/.

Has anyone here signed up or done a video?

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

@heaven

i didnt know know that was a thing!

• Chris Hannover
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    Heaven:
    Openly Secular Day approaches (Apr 23): http://www.openlysecular.org/.
    Has anyone here signed up or done a video?

I would love to. It's too soon into my fade to come out completely this year.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Mr Tickle gets my vote, he's less of an asshole than the other two.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit