Somebody just said to me, "Happy Father's Day." I looked back at him and said, "Happy Father's Day. Have a good weekend!" Weird...

by miseryloveselders 7 Replies latest jw friends

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

In Undercover's thread he was talking about when sneezing, people say, "God Bless You". Right after posting in that thread, I went for my lunch break. So I hit the elevator, and was standing near the main doors to the office building I work at. Here comes the mail clerk who's name I don't know, but we speak briefly when we run into each other. He's got kids I infer from previous conversations I've had with him and overheard him with workmates. As we're heading our seperate ways, he goes, "Happy Father's Day." I replied in kind and told him to have a good weekend too. Feels weird doing that. But why should it feel weird? Something as petty as having a day recognized for fathers and all that they do? There's plenty of crummy abusive fathers out there. Plenty of deadbeat dads out there. Why not take the time to appreciate all that good dads have done and continue to do? I can't recall the origin of Father's Day, but if it had bizarre ritualistic pagan origins, I'm sure those practices have long been discarded and forgotten. Love conquers all, even holidays of non-Christian origin I guess. Just some thoughts. Q'doba's Queso Burrito is serious business by the way.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Happy Father's Day, Misery!

Love,
    Baba.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

HAPPY FATHERS DAY misery!!

Same goes for all of you dad's out there!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

We did Mother's Day for the first time for my wife this year. But I think she and our kid forgot about Father's Day this weekend. I hate to remind them. . .

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Happy Father's Day BabaYaga, Happy Father's day Soldier. Mad Sweeny you just may have to remind them.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Mad Sweeney, I'd buy ya a beer and hang out and watch whatever sports is on on Sunday if I were anywhere near ya, but since I'm not, I'm there in spirit!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    We did Mother's Day for the first time for my wife this year. But I think she and our kid forgot about Father's Day this weekend. I hate to remind them. . .

Mad Sweeney, please remind your family. They will feel like sh*t once the day goes by unrecognized.

• Ilovebirthdays
    Ilovebirthdays

Maybe she's trying to surprise you, Mad Sweeney? I'm pretty sure my husband thinks I've forgotten, but the kids and I were out all morning getting stuff and making him cards and getting his present ready.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit