WT September 15, 2010 - The Faithful and NOT SO Discrete Slave

by Designer Stubble 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

The WT of September 15, 2010 (kool-aid version) has two articles on Unity. One is titled: “Unity Identifies True Worship” and the other “Christian Unity Glorifies God”. Of course it is more UNIFORMITY, not true unity. Once again the Faithful and Discrete slave proved to be not so discrete, as they literally placed themselves in the place of Jesus. I am so glad not to have to listen to this crap any more. Please read the quotes below, directly taken from the WT:

We cannot hope to acquire a good relationship with Jehovah if we ignore those whom Jesus has appointed to care for his belongings. Without the assistance of “the faithful and discreet slave,” we would neither understand the full import of what we read in God’s Word nor know how to apply it.

In this time of the end, Christ has committed “all his belongings”— all the earthly interests of the Kingdom—to his “faithful and discreet slave” and its representative Governing Body, a group of anointed Christian men. The anointed and their other sheep companions recognize that by following the lead of the modern-day Governing Body, they are in fact following their Leader, Christ.

Jesus had prophesied that “on arriving” to inspect his domestics during “the conclusion of the system of things,” he would find a slave providing them “food at the proper time.” He would pronounce that slave happy and would “appoint him over all his belongings” on earth. As Head of the Christian congregation, Christ has used this “faithful and discreet slave” to administer His Kingdom interests on earth. He has provided direction for the anointed “domestics” and their “other sheep” companions by means of a Governing Body.
  • Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

They never cease to amaze me.

Loz x

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

Here's another doozy from the same article (p. 21):

CHRISTENDOM’S churches have human leaders, such as the pope of Rome, the patriarchs and metropolitans of the Eastern Orthodox churches, and the heads of other religions. Jehovah’s Witnesses recognize no human as their leader. They are not disciples or followers of any man. This is in line with Jehovah’s prophetic utterance concerning his Son: “Look! As a witness to the nation- al groups I have given him, as a leader and commander to the national groups.” (Isa. 55:4) The international congregation of anointed Christians and their “other sheep” companions want no leader other than the one Jehovah has given them. (John 10:16) They subscribe to Jesus’ statement: “Your Leader is one, the Christ.”—Matt. 23:10.

My wife and I lost it on this one. To compare themselves to Catholics in the area of following men as a contrasting example was too much. This is one part of their belief system that is identical.

• Robert7
    Robert7

This is great stuff! This worship of the GB was my biggest source of dissonance before I left, so I hope this helps others leave the cult!

• Room 215
    Room 215

Designer, FreeAtLast: Glad to see you've not forgotten to underline your main points!

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

So there is a super-thin thread between "following the lead of (the GB)" and not "following a leader (GB)".

You are to follow the lead but not a leader.

It will be interesting to see it in other languages.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    This worship of the GB was my biggest source of dissonance before I left, so I hope this helps others leave the cult!

Robert7.........that was well said. I remember when I first started noticing it. By the time I left it was sickening.....all the adulation, prayers & articles elevating the Governing Body while at the same time they were de-emphasizing Jesus.

Think About It

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Not to mention the new songbook emphasising the GB instead of God or Jesus.

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Examples of songs elevating the FDS:

Song 51/11: Making Jehovah’s Heart Glad

Old Book (Song 51):
    2. May we from your side never move;
    A liar the Tempter we would prove.
    Your principles and laws so right
    We would make daily our delight.

New Book (Song 11):
    2. Your slave, your steward here on earth,
    Proclaims your greatness and your worth,
    Feeds us with nourishment when due,
    Thus strengthens us your will to do.

Song 174 and 43 - Stay Awake, Stand Firm, Grow Mighty.

Second verse: Old book - "In his place each one be heeding, what Christ Jesus has to say" - NEW ONE -> "Stay alert to Christ's direction, Through his faithful slave today, heed the counsel of the older men"

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i wonder if the uberdubs underline the same points

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit