Do you feel cheated?

by Slidin Fast 6 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

What story in the troof makes you feel most cheated?

I just thought of an experience that still makes steam come out of my ears and my nose bleed. There was wide publicity in the UK about a little girl that was dying for want of blood. I was very affected by this and I got in touch with a local elder who told me that they had set up a fund in desperation to send her for special treatment abroad. I sent a cheque for several hundred hard earned pounds.

I received a letter almost immediately saying that the little girl had died and the fund had been sent to the society.

This was before the flips on blood, I had grown up absolutely believing the blood issue and felt truly sorry for this family. I have never though been in the business of swelling the overflowing treasure chest of the great all knowing all sucking SOCIETY. I would still like my money back.

Now I have moved on, i just want my LIFE back.

• blondie
    blondie

When I finally left the WTS, I had already dealt with having a pedophile non-jw father and an alcoholic jw mother. There wasn't much left to "steal" from my life by the WTS. I had already learned how to let go of their cruelty to me and how I was in essence an orphan. I made new friends and made a new family not based on DNA. I found it best in my case not to dwell on those times but to live in the here and now and not feel that it too was poisoned. It has been ten years since the WTS and almost 30 years to heal from the cruelties of my parents. I have also met people in several support groups that have shown me over the years that I can find happiness.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Honestly, the only thing that lingers:

I WANT MY LION!

;-)

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Being told as a brother that I should "reach out" to higher levels of service and of the rewards that would bring. So I did. Come to find out I'm too good at managing and organization skills within the hall, I was assigned the literature dept (not appointed as an MS), KH maintenance and sound. I got everything reoganized, efficient and spread the work load around so no one person was stuck with something. Elders were all praise and happy, each telling me that there is a lot in store for me with the organization and that the next CO visit will be an exciting one for me. (Pretty obvious they were hinting about MS appointment.)

Weellllll.... CO came, he got my recommendation, looked at my files, saw I was DF'd twice, called the branch, branch said, nope, he comes back and sits with me and the CoBE and tells me what a fine job I've done but they're going to strip all privileges because of my record until the branch can get back to them about what to do with me.

WTF? What is in my file? I didn't murder anyone, I didn't molest a child, or anything criminal. That was the begining of the end for me. If I were able to rip peoples heads off it would be a long list of elders, CO's, DO's, Branch Overseers... hell all the way to the top.

• blondie
    blondie

Soldier 77, in the olden days the WTS would not let anyone be a MS until 10 years passed and 20 years to be an elder. At least around here.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More
    I received a letter almost immediately saying that the little girl had died and the fund had been sent to the society.

The nerve! The honorable thing to do would have been to return the donation of your "hard earned pounds" seeing that the child had died, but no, the higher-ups ASSumed you would be happy to have your funds go directly into their donation pool...despicable. They could have asked whether you would be in agreement to their doing this, but no, just advised you, after the fact, that that is what they had done. This is another instance of something I read on this board causing my estimation of the WTBTS to sink to a new level of debauchery. Thanks for sharing, another eye-opener.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I had two boxes full of college and university brochures, letters, pamphlets that were sent to me, unsolicited by me. Being a Dub, I didn't apply to a single one despite finishing high school with a high class ranking and very good SAT scores. I still don't know why I took the SATs when I knew I wasn't going to college; maybe I hoped the Borg would change its stance on higher education. When they DID change their stance in the early 90s I was PISSED.

I've been going to school part-time and taking as many classes as life allows but I will be lucky to earn a degree before my kid grows up and earns one.

Yeah, I've been cheated by the Borg's indoctrination of both me and my parents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit